Awful, awful, awful
on Aug 23, 2019
The western valley hotel is stunning from the outside with lovely views. My husband, daughter and I stayed here one night and left fast. No internet in room although this was remedied by providing us a dongle. Toilet cover broken. The dinner was a sad affair with few dishes available and clearly reheated sauces. The fruit salad was mouldy and old. Breakfast too was a disaster. Acidic and clearly old yoghurt, waiters sadly hopeless and unable to cope with only 2 tables. Given the super hospitality we have had in India, even in modest hotels and residences during our 2 week stay this hotel was a great disappointment.
A get away from the mad tourist crowd.
on Aug 4, 2019
We reached at the pre lunch time. We were allotted excellent rooms and the lunch was tolerably good. We stayed for two nights abd the third day, we left refreshed and rejuvenated. We had a very good time playing out door as well as indoor.
on Jul 24, 2019
After doing a lot of research we finally chose the Western valley resort for our stay and it was a great decision. The resort is 15kms away from the Ooty city and 45 mins drive from the bus stand.
This place is very quiet, far away from city noise. Believe me, the view from the resort is so beautiful that you would not feel like visiting any tourist spots.
The rooms are neat and spacious. washrooms were clean. The Family room can easily accommodate 4 people. The glass window in the room is huge and gives a beautiful scenic view of Nilgiri mountains.
Food was very very delicious. We met the chef and thanked him personally. He prepared vegetable uttapam and other dishes on our request. The breakfast buffet also had a variety of dishes.
Overall it was a nice stay. I have reduced 1 star for delayed service. The service staff is less in number and also lack in Senior staff member. hence there is a delay.
Nice place to stay for peaceful.
on Jul 15, 2019
Perfect place to stay in ooty, resort is 11km way from city and climate was awesome. we had booked top room in the villa it was bit smaller one, breakfast was provided with different varieties and tasty. Best place for all kind of people who loves nature and greenery view.
A gem of a place....if you are in ooty to relax u must be at Western Valley Resorts...just read the review for details
on Jun 30, 2019
If you are someone who can climb a couple of floors... And can manage without great food (not bad... But average food)... And can manage without 5-star level service...and have your own car or taxi (even if not...it would cost approx INR 700 to reach this hidden gem) ... This is the place to be for the following reasons:
1. As mentioned in so many review... THE SPECTACULAR LOCATION... THE BREATHTAKING SURROUNDING... THE PERFECT VIEW
2. Surrounded by Tea Plantations... U can walk in the surrounding area for hours (outside the resort, but totally safe - at least sunset)... Or u can climb a small hill just next to the restaurant to spend hours in the calmness and get soaked in to peace... Sitting in between the tea plantations
3. You can go out for a walk in nearby roads... Leading to small village... With friendly people... Always smiling and happy to chat
4. The resort has many activities itself - Cycling... Badminton... Indoor games... Well maintained garden...
5. Cycling around the tea plantations, carrot and beetroot plantations... On the hill... With the slopes... Njoying the wind... Is altogether a different level experience
I don't know what more to say... But this is a lovely place.... Must visit... Please opt for the mountain View room
And let me tell you... We did all this with a 1.5 year old kid... And he also enjoyed a lot