Nice hotel for Stay
on Apr 11, 2019
Hotel Villa Theresa is on of the best hotel located Umta Vaddo,Calagute, Goa. The services offered by This hotel is worth praising, as the customer friendly staff is available round the clock to serve you and resolve your issues. The room that I booked was spacious and decorated with antique finishing furniture, which I found the best for my honeymoon. It also had a swimming pool, restaurant, bar and other basic yet good quality amenities for the guests accommodating their lodge.
stay with a penalty. do not even think of this property
on Jan 29, 2019
i am raghavendra gupta. i stayed at this property on 26th jan. be careful when you book a room. they have specific category of rooms like senior citizen, couple which we do not see in most of the hotels where room categories would be standard, deluxe, suite, etc. by mistake if you book a room of senior citizen and you are not a senior citizen, you will be charged rs.900 additionally other than regular room charge of 2400/- and though no additional preference is given in spite of charging a penalty. other problems here are:
1) you have to wait for the sun if you want to have a hot water bath. if questioned they say they have only solar water heaters and they are helpless. so if you step in on a rainy day or when the temperature is cool, you end up having no bath at all or bathing with cold water. think if you take your kids to such a property.
2) pool with zero maintenance. it looks like a water storage and not a pool.
3) not even a bottle of drinking water is provided.
i think they have more of foreign tourists who are least bothered about the above comforts and that is the reason not paying attention to indian tourists. when i questioned about this to one of the staff who was not ready to disclose his name said that owner has three properties in goa just to earn without adding investments for improving the service.
on Jun 28, 2017
why one searches for a good hotel to stay. the main purpose is comfort and service. if u don't get these two basic things then rest is just meaning less. the moment you get into this hotel u are greeted with a set of rules. the basic facilities they provide may not count upto 10, but there are posters with 24 rules pasted on room wall and in bathroom . there are two many points to avoid this hotel:
1. any darn hotel you go, you get two classes and a jar/jug/bottle of water on the table. Not here. when i called and asked for water they said they will deliver mineral water to room. if you want normal water then go out of ur room and collect a 5 ltr jar kept near the stairs. they cant deliver it to your room.
2. no proper restaurant to sit at eat. there are few generic table kept at the entrance of the hotel ( without a single chair) that they pass as a restaurant. on order they can provide the food in room. the breakfast menu is limited to few bread preparations and cereals.
3. pool is dirty with leaves on it. u feel irritation in eye , may be due to excess of chlorine or some other chemical in the water.
4. there are too many plants in a small courtyard. and hence there are mosquitoes. the staff knows about it but you will not find any type of mosquito repellent in the room.
5. service is overall pathetic
6. the rooms are like vaults. you will have no mobile network inside your room ( mine was room no 5). so to make calls you have to go out everytime coz if you open the balcony door, mosquitoes will rush in. so inside the room you will have no internet, calls, totally cut out from the world
good points: 1. room is not large but furniture are good
2. the changed linen atleast
overall: you can find better hotels in this price range in calangute. if service and comfort are mandatory for you. dont come here.
Worst so far in Goa
on Dec 30, 2016
First, it has happened twice with the bookings I have done with booking.com. That you see something but get something else.
Only reason I booked this place was that we wanted a pet friendly hotel. However For some reasons we didn't get the pet along with us. I paid INR 18000/-for 3 nights, considering the booking was done Atleast 20 days in advance it is surely not a cheap nor reasonable deal.
Pros: walking distance from the calangut beach
Check in: was slow.
No lifts: We were given a room on 3rd floor that we had to change as hubby had a leg sprain, couldn't climb up to the floor. Changed and got a room on ground floor. The room was extremely small and filled with thousands of flies and mosquitoes (I wonder where we'd have kept the dog in case it had accompanied us). Again we checked if we could change to a better room, the answer was that all rooms are alike and occupied! We had to use 2 goodnight advanced and burn one full booklet of mosquito repellent cards in order to be able to survive in the room.
No wifi in the rooms, only weak signals available in the reception and nearby sit out areas. According to the management the wifi is provided by Govt, hence such a setup. In the travel sites however you don't get to know this catch. Also the hotel has to be responsible for all the amenities they sell.
A dirty small pool.
No complementary breakfast, even with shoddy facilities and RS 6000 per night!
No restaurants: the hotel doesn't have one.
No 24 hrs front desk
No exhaust fan in the toilets
No hot water
PS: the locality is full of small and perhaps cheap accommodations, so you find groups of single men who tend to misbehave. Strictly avoidable by families.
Very bad experience
on Dec 27, 2016
Room was not clean, when i complained about the response was even shocking.. seems it is common no body complains, i saw cockroach and small flies in the room.Management dont know how to treat the customers.