on Jun 28, 2017
why one searches for a good hotel to stay. the main purpose is comfort and service. if u don't get these two basic things then rest is just meaning less. the moment you get into this hotel u are greeted with a set of rules. the basic facilities they provide may not count upto 10, but there are posters with 24 rules pasted on room wall and in bathroom . there are two many points to avoid this hotel:
1. any darn hotel you go, you get two classes and a jar/jug/bottle of water on the table. Not here. when i called and asked for water they said they will deliver mineral water to room. if you want normal water then go out of ur room and collect a 5 ltr jar kept near the stairs. they cant deliver it to your room.
2. no proper restaurant to sit at eat. there are few generic table kept at the entrance of the hotel ( without a single chair) that they pass as a restaurant. on order they can provide the food in room. the breakfast menu is limited to few bread preparations and cereals.
3. pool is dirty with leaves on it. u feel irritation in eye , may be due to excess of chlorine or some other chemical in the water.
4. there are too many plants in a small courtyard. and hence there are mosquitoes. the staff knows about it but you will not find any type of mosquito repellent in the room.
5. service is overall pathetic
6. the rooms are like vaults. you will have no mobile network inside your room ( mine was room no 5). so to make calls you have to go out everytime coz if you open the balcony door, mosquitoes will rush in. so inside the room you will have no internet, calls, totally cut out from the world
good points: 1. room is not large but furniture are good
2. the changed linen atleast
overall: you can find better hotels in this price range in calangute. if service and comfort are mandatory for you. dont come here.
Worst so far in Goa
on Dec 30, 2016
First, it has happened twice with the bookings I have done with booking.com. That you see something but get something else.
Only reason I booked this place was that we wanted a pet friendly hotel. However For some reasons we didn't get the pet along with us. I paid INR 18000/-for 3 nights, considering the booking was done Atleast 20 days in advance it is surely not a cheap nor reasonable deal.
Pros: walking distance from the calangut beach
Check in: was slow.
No lifts: We were given a room on 3rd floor that we had to change as hubby had a leg sprain, couldn't climb up to the floor. Changed and got a room on ground floor. The room was extremely small and filled with thousands of flies and mosquitoes (I wonder where we'd have kept the dog in case it had accompanied us). Again we checked if we could change to a better room, the answer was that all rooms are alike and occupied! We had to use 2 goodnight advanced and burn one full booklet of mosquito repellent cards in order to be able to survive in the room.
No wifi in the rooms, only weak signals available in the reception and nearby sit out areas. According to the management the wifi is provided by Govt, hence such a setup. In the travel sites however you don't get to know this catch. Also the hotel has to be responsible for all the amenities they sell.
A dirty small pool.
No complementary breakfast, even with shoddy facilities and RS 6000 per night!
No restaurants: the hotel doesn't have one.
No 24 hrs front desk
No exhaust fan in the toilets
No hot water
PS: the locality is full of small and perhaps cheap accommodations, so you find groups of single men who tend to misbehave. Strictly avoidable by families.
Very bad experience
on Dec 27, 2016
Room was not clean, when i complained about the response was even shocking.. seems it is common no body complains, i saw cockroach and small flies in the room.Management dont know how to treat the customers.
Very Bad with no facilities
on Aug 25, 2016
this is terrible place on good location. We felt cheated because there was no free breakfast and wifi only works on reception. Very small swimming pool and terrible staff. We stayed there 3 night and we only go to hotel to sleep :)
on Feb 6, 2016
We spent 5 nights here and quite honestly it was 4 nights too many. On arriving we thought the reception area was a bit run down, the bedroom was very dingy, the doors to the balcony have small windows but don't let much light in. The furniture is very heavy and dark--- I know people on review pages have been praising the carved beds but for me they are just dust gatherers. The bathroom is basic with a shower that we never got hot water from and the basin was barely a trickle. You are provided with an adequate fridge and a flat screen TVs which we did manage to get the bbc news channel. The bed linen appeared to be clean however we had a lot of mosquitos in the room despite our best efforts at keeping them out, unfortunately I'm one of those people they love to bite so I had a pretty itchy time, the outside area is very densley covered in big trees and plants which the staff water every day-- I think this helps the mozzies to survive, infact we couldn't use the balcony due to the plants being so close, having said that the garden is a cool place to sit. Now we choose this hotel because it said wifi was free in public areas--- in the time we were there we hardly ever got it, which was annoying as the shacks on the beach never seem to have a problem. If you have breakfast here be prepared for a wait, they don't cook it on the premises but send out for it!!!
All in all it wasn't the best hotel we've stayed in while travelling for 3 months around India , I think you could do better elsewhere for the price.