Beautiful resort but don't expect much
on Dec 20, 2017
The place is a huge beautiful beach property. Neat and clean but a little oudated. Some of the Staff is rude and some courteous. The rooms need to be aired, there is a smell of placid humid air. The places are so far in the property itself, they need to have golf carts to ferry people.
Food is average. The beach is almost deserted. The pool is neat and clean.They have well equipped rooms. Jacuzzi in the bathroom is a big plus.Breakfast menu is just average. This is not very highly recommended place for food.
Tranquilizer of the town
on Dec 10, 2017
Definitely a recommended resort to unwind with family.
It was my maiden visit to this resort and I felt very bad that albeit being son of the soil , I missed to make it to this great Rejuvenating Resort in Chennai all through these years.
Peaceful and serene atmosphere guaranteed. Rooms are very tidy , spacious and damn good. We infact tried for Sea view room but could only settle for Garden verandah rooms which was only available but only to feel good that our choice of room was very apt.
All staffs right from front office to Managers to Supervisors to stewards were very courteous and polite , not forgetting to mention Mr D Ravichandran though , the Restaurant Manager of By the Bay Restaurant , who was very polite , friendly and cooperative and was also ensuring our taste buds are satisfied to the core.
I would wish to make it to this resort again , the soonest.
Affordable for team quarterly meetups
on Nov 1, 2017
Easy acces for team outings and get togethers. Tentative time from 11am to 6pm
Organised brushup/ice breaking meetings, followed by outdoor games like cricket, volleyball. They have bats, rackets and lawn area near beach that are well maintained.
Lunch was comparatively good and it was a buffet with decent spread.
Unprofessional buffoons in a lavish palace
on Oct 31, 2017
I can say only one thing. This massive resort is filled with unprofessional buffoons who doesn't know the ABCD of customer service. Series of unnecessary harassment which is ensured when you check in the hotel:
2) There are some unknown insane personnel who will confirm your rooms first over call and when you arrive at the hotel they would deny of any such event.
1) Even after you book it through any website they won't allow you to enter the room even when you reach at 1 in the night.
3) They will keep on calling you since early morning to remind you to have your complimentary breakfast as they want to close the restaurant early.
4) The security guard is the in-charge of the resort who will confirm whether you have a room booked or not.
5) You will not be offered a glass of water as a part of courtesy when you reach the destination.
6) I have given 2 rating only because of the lavish area and scenic beauty of the resort and the room service personnel who had more customer service ethics than the insane receptionist and the security guard.
Private Beach and fun
on Sep 20, 2017
We had been to this private beach in our 2 day trip to Chennai. :) It was a fun outing there. We two were the only people at the beach area during the afternoon time and it was super, not like the typical crowded beaches.