Excellent Location, Improvements needed
on Jan 12, 2020
Location is excellent with all major attractions in walking distance, Roof top view is great. However cleaniness inside rooms needs improvement. Towels were not clean, wifi was not accessible, TV signal did not work out. The lift is available, but only from 1st floor onwards. Stair case are very narrow, difficult for older people or in case of any emergency. Food in the restaurant was great, however breakfast was very ordinary with not much to offer.
Great location, value for money
on Jan 12, 2020
With almost all the tourist destinations within the old city (City Palace, Jagdish Mandir, Gangaur Ghat, Bagore Ki Haveli, Ambrai Ghat, Lal Ghat boating point) and food joints within a 5 min walk, having a great location is perhaps the biggest USP. Roof top restaurant has a great view and good food - service can be better. Being inside the old city means that cabs have to be leave you about 100-200 meters away from the hotel. Lift facility is available, however the staircases are very narrow (possibly as Elevator had to take away most of the available space). Rooms are good, however noise levels are a bit on higher side, owning to the hussle bussle of the location. Coffee shop at ground floor is also great. Overall good value for money.
on Dec 30, 2019
Never try this hotel, vehicle donot reach till hotel, lift doesn't work....staff donot listen....overall mess....breakfast only two option. The rooms are not packed so cool breeze got in....staff denied for extra blankets lately got a smelly dirty one..which couldn't be used
An overpriced average hotel in a good neighborhood
on Dec 30, 2019
1) Walking distance from a lot of tourist attractions such as Jagdish Temple, City Palace, Jheel, and Bagore Ki Haveli. This saves a lot of money on commute.
2)Good breakfast with a variety of options. Enjoyed everything on the menu.
3) Centrally located within the market as well. A lot of restaurants and local shops to explore.
4) Some of the give authentic Rajasthan feel.
1) Overpriced for what we paid for
2) Bathrooms are made for minions. They are quite small, which is a turn off.
3) Some of the rooms stink pretty bad. We had to get ours changed after a lot of argument.
4) You have to walk for 5-7 mins to get to the hotel as Taxis can't go beyond a certain point, which is a parking space.
Some useful things to know about the city/neighborhood:-
1) Try the nearby "White Terrace Restaurant" for delicious food.
2) Public transport charges are quite high.
3) I found a cockroach in my Dosa at the nearby "Anna Restaurant" so please be careful.
Living the Old City Experience
on Dec 29, 2019
The place is located right behind the famous Jagadish temple giving it a pious feeling. As you walk out of the hotel, you'll be lost in the cobbled streets of Old city lined with stores selling all kinds of hippie stuff of local Rajasthani art. The 4th floor room had preserved the old style architecture of the place having stained glass windows that beamed colorful pattern on the wall in the morning sun. The L shaped balcony overlooked lake Pichola on one side and the temple Shikhara on the other. We also got a chance to witness the daily lives of the locals on their terrace: from drying chilies to water their terrace garden. In the evening, the sunset behind the Aravalli hills was a mesmerizing experience. The crown jewel of the hotel is the multi-storied rooftop restaurant, arguably the biggest and tallest in the area. With a very polite hospitality, we enjoyed our evening dinner with a view of the lake lined with Rajput style buildings brimming with evening lights.