Excellent budget stay
on Oct 11, 2017
If you dont want to spend too much and need a basic comfortable stay then tropicano is an excellent place.
The owner Kevin was quite accommodating and helpful. Candolim beach is a 5 min walk away. Most of the eateries are walking distance.
Economical as compared to neighborhood hotels. Comfortable stay with basic aminities
on Jun 10, 2017
Stayed at Tropicano Beach Resort, for 3 nights as the family trip.
Rooms are ok. Have a fridge, a wardrobe, a table with mirror, a bench for keeping your luggage and a Bible (dont know why) in the room.
The washroom is clean and hot water available in shower.
A small sit-out place with chairs with every room where you can have your team coffee.. Drinks etc overlooking the small garden. Garden have mango and coconut trees. As we were there on mango season plenty of ripe mangoes occasionally falling from treas. [ I had a bite and they are sweet :) ]
The caretaker is polite and helpful, he arranged us two wheelers on rent.
You will get only tea-coffee and breakfast (egg, bread Butter-Jam).
But plenty of eateries nearby so you won't really need an in-house restaurant.
Candolim beach is walkable (700 meters approx).
This is our second visit after almost 8 yrs in Tropicano.
on May 13, 2017
Stayed here recently for the fourth time . Always a pleasure , rooms are clean , basic but have everything you need . Staff are great very helpful and friendly . Garden area is lovely and clean , well kept . A very peaceful place to stay close to beach, shops and restaurants so no need for the Tropicano to provide meals . Wifi and air con is available and works well
on May 6, 2017
Stayed here in April my first visit to Goa . This place is amazing room clean and the staff are amazing. The garden is well kept so nice to sit out at night time Short walk to the beach and little walk at night to go get for. The price of the room with air con was amazing Well looked after will be going back thank you to all the staff for everything you did. Nothing was too much trouble for them.
on Nov 14, 2016
I was here with my entire family for 4 nights. We had booked 2 rooms for that. We had a 5 years old and a 1 year old baby with us. It was an overall a pleasant stay and refreshing stay mainly because of the staff there. Staff also offered hot milk for the small baby on odd hours. There are few weird and negative points as well however I think with some small intent and will from management side these can be overcome. If that happens this will be a very great place to stay.
Very close (Walking distance) to sea beach.
Very helping and supporting staff.
Nice place for families.
- We opted for extra mattress and beddings. However there was no blanket offered with it. We were told that blankets are not provided with extra mattress.
- 2 Bisleri Water bottles are offered per room but only once! When we asked for more, we were told that it is offered only once. No matter for how many days you have booking. So if you have stay for 1 day or 4 days doesn’t matter; you will get only 2 bottles per room. This was weird. We end up buying more bottles.
- Inhouse Wifi connects to internet intermittently. You cannot depend on this connection.
- Beds are too small for people of my height. I am 5’11” and I was not able to fit in.
- Our stay was at ground floor and there is a big mosquito problem (may be because of the plantations nearby). Solution to remove mosquitos will definitely help to make this place more pleasant.
Good to have -
- There is no generator backup. For first day of our stay, electricity supply was interrupted from morning to evening without any backup.
- Inhouse restaurant would be a good addition.