Clean and tidy
on Jan 12, 2020
comfortable and clean rooms. Had a very peaceful stay for 2 days. Parking is available inside. Food quality is good. Location : not very far away from railway station/bus stand, but not too close by as well so the traffic noise is zero.
Good value for money, excellent service, quiet and peaceful
on Aug 11, 2019
For less than 1,500/- per night, the place is good value and the staff were always helpful. Hot water was available from 6 AM to 10 PM. There is a restaurant with limited vegetarian-only options, but Mr. Badal was always eager to please within his constraints.
The quiet place is close to the lake, but not very close to the town. There is good amount of parking space.
Low budget average place
on Aug 2, 2019
This is a small property which is low budget (<1.5K INR type). It is not even a proper hotel. I am quite surprised how such high ratings have been garnered. Clearly some of these places are very good at managing online reputation.
We booked two suite rooms and were expecting something close to what their website and other pics boast of but it was a major disappointment.
1) Location is really close to OOTY lake and main markets are close. But OOTY is not a very big town as it is. Place is on a hillock so for anything you need, you have to go at least 1-2km.
1) Stained and yellow linen. Pillows etc are old and poor quality.
2) No WIFI with the candidness of the reception about that. "Wifi hai but room mein theek sey nahi aayega - you wont get a good signal in room so better not take the password". Needless to say, I relied on my 4G. This was despite our room was next to reception where the router was placed. You don't choose suite room to stay next to reception where you could hear phone ringing and reception guy incessantly talking on phone loudly.
3) There is NO FAN in the room. One might argue on the need of the same in OOTY. But, the windows do not have "metal grills" OR "netting" (see pics). This means you can't leave windows open through the night. Keeping windows open have another downside that is continuous noise of cars outside. Yes, cars are parked on the same level as rooms so drivers, buses etc. will cause noise late night/early morning when they arrive / depart. And it will get suffocating at night with completely closed room and no fan/ac.
4)The buffet breakfast and dining room (as you will see in the pics) were worse than some road-side dhaba. They were dirty and ill kept. There were house-flies all around. The buffet is a joke. It has 2-3 items at best which are dealing with flies before you arrive. The kitchen inside was visibly dirty and unhygienic. The kitchen people were not bad but perhaps this was the best they could offer.
5) Their water heating system is a wood fired geyser. That is not a problem per-se. But, since that is right next to the rooms (next to the ground floor suite room). when heating is in full flow there is smoke
6) Flat TV is 24 inch. And has virtually nothing of use playing on it.
It seems the team has all checked all boxes (wifi, flat TV, parking, buffet) for the sake of getting listed as a good property. But nothing is really up to the mark.
Overall it was quite dingy and dark with very little light in the rooms. At 3K+ per room per night my experience was bad. Giving 2/5 as possibly I paid more than this place deserved so I was particularly unhappy
Average hotel but a lot can be improved
on Jun 22, 2019
This place is in a hillock, about 1km from West Bank of Ooty lake. So location is good but it's about 2km from the main market and since the road leading to the hotel is unlit, it's not advisable to move around without a cab/car.
The staff is quite helpful, we were given early check-in and otherwise also they try to help.
The biggest bother were the rooms, we had taken standard double and triple occupancy rooms: the biggest (and highest priced) had absolutely no window or ventilation, other room had a balcony but a balcony door was without a stopper/lock so you don't feel safe. Other let down was the breakfast. The tea, coffee and Milk (complimentary or paid) were really watery. Any special requests ( Jain food) were fulfilled but with grumpy faces by the restaurant staff.
Overall, a mixed experience. Tip: Opt for the so called suite rooms; they are much better but not exactly value for money.
Average location, average hotel to stay with Family
on Jun 8, 2019
We stayed with family/kids for 3 nights. location is near ooty lake but i did not find convenient. Room windows did not have net to keep open during day/night and forced to close to avoid insects etc and resulted was very suffocating. Service was good.
Food was very fresh and good.