decent for the price
on Mar 5, 2018
- hotel and room was clean
- staff amazing and very helpful
- wifi works in room and very fast
- shower had hot water
- bed was comfortable
- very close to new delhi railway station
- can suntan on rooftop. they even brought me a bed mattress, and free homemade lemonade
- no free bottle of water
- advertised swimming pool is actually only and old hot tub with cold water
- not near any metro station
- no lounges on rooftop, and very small area to tan
- pre booked shuttle, waited almost an hour, no driver in sight. finally just took taxi. although the shuttle was added to my bill, once i explained to them that the driver did not show, they did remove the charge, no questions asked
- area outside very dirty, but that is all of delhi
- could use a little refreshing
- breakfast cheaper if you book with room at time of booking. they charge 275 rupees
- on very busy road, definitely get a room in the back
- pre booked shuttle is 600 rupees, plus parking around 180. pre paid taxi at the airport was only 470 ruppees, better option. Uber back to airport was only 260
on Feb 24, 2018
Myself and my Sister stayed here for 2 nights. We were very glad it wasn't for longer.
The actual room was relatively comfortable with tea/coffee making facilities. The beds were comfortable but the window blinds and window didn't open so it felt claustrophobic.
I don't know how to describe the bathroom except disgusting. We had to ask a number of times for toilet rolls which weren't worth having. The showers was filthy and there was no hot water during our stay from either the shower or the taps over the sink. The toilet was stained and unpleasant and underneath the sink unit was filthy.
The hotel is situated on a very busy, noisy road that was continuously busy. There wasn't anywhere to eat except McDonalds virtually next door. We couldn't bring ourselves to try the hotel restaurant if our room was anything to go by.
Unfortunately we booked this hotel because of the photographs and description on the website which we found out weren't remotely true.
I would not recommend this hotel!!!
on Feb 22, 2018
Stopped here twice during our visit to India, unfortunately already booked the second time otherwise wouldn't have returned...
rooms are ok, showers leak all over the bathroom and have freezing cold water!
In our first room the bedroom door didn't lock - room 301. Maintenance couldn't fix it so we had to deal with this but luckily we were only there one night. It locked from the inside but not when we left the room to go out which we found out the hard way, luckily valuables were locked away!
Lobby area is clean.
Second visit, not given any toilet roll so got given serviettes instead - charming. Bedsheets were filthy so had those replaced.
However staff were friendly and tried to help as best as they could.
Breakfast isn't great, ok variety but seating is an issue as is them restocking basics like glasses and cutlery.
"Deluxe room with hottub" - ignore. Nonsense. As is the "pool" on the top deck.
Could be better
on Feb 9, 2018
The staff were lovely and the rooms were clean. The area outside is a little on the rough side but we never felt unsafe. Always tuk tuks outside. Breakfast was very average and the roof top was a disappointment. Window to our room looked straight into the hall way so always keep the curtain down
Not like the photos
on Feb 4, 2018
Arrived to The Pearl at around 9 a’clock in the morning after a long flight. We were told our room weren’t finnished and that is understandable. Thet asked if we could check in at another hotell close by which had the same owner. We had a look at the other hotell (Krishna) and said yes to the offer. First of all I had a look at The Pearl and especially at the roof top restaurant and the pool was closed for the season (+23 degrees outside this day in February) and there were hardly any furnitures outside the terass. Big dissapointment that the pictures on The Pearls website aren’t the same as the reality! Too bad! The traffic outside the hotell was another story. Busy is not a Word enough!