Average Stay, Good Food
on Dec 21, 2017
I stayed in the suite for 3 nights. Generally comfortable. Generally neat. However I faced many problems.
1. Excepting on one occasion, on all the 3 days, morning and night, I did not get hot water in taps.
2. Though the rooms are elegant, there is NO sensibility used in constructing the rooms. Every time I needed to charge my mobile, I had to shift a heavy glass table because the glass table protruded right into the middle of the 2 sockets. This was real stupid. To put off certain lights, I had to bend down to floor level to reach the switch which was in one far corner of the room. The electric coffee maker had an Australian plug. Each time, I had to take the coffee maker to the other room to plug it in, because it wouldn't fit into any socket in the main room. There were no dim night lamps in the room. The side where the table and chairs were placed was so cramped that there was no place to walk about.
3. Only on one day out of 3 did they provide us with a bathroom napkin.
4. Only on one day out of 3 did they give us the morning paper.
5. Very poor maintenance. Paint is peeling. Cracks in door, Taps unclean. Shower holder broken, Toilet paper roll missing, etc.
The morning buffet was good. Food was tasty and there was a good variety of south and north indian food, english food, fruits, juices, etc. Tea and coffee were not tasty. Staff were friendly and helpful.
Overall it was an average experience, with a mix of good and bad. Food is good. Staff are good. Maintenance and facilities are poor.
on Sep 21, 2017
I had good experience in this hotel, rooms are well kept, neat and clean, good bathroom. I find the location is good with proximity to T nagar market. Restaurant and BBQ on the top floor is decent, provides good and tasty food. Breakfast is also elaborate for the range of hotel. Staff is very courteous, overall I enjoyed the stay, and would prefer this hotel for my next visit too.
Good Hotel with clean rooms and tasty food
on Sep 19, 2017
The Hotel is good and the rooms are clean and tidy.
Loved the service and hospitality of the staff. but they disappointed in Internet service.
They have provided free wifi service which has low speed, our mobile data speed is much better. Food is tasty but bit expensive, loved the ambience of the restaurant which also has BBQ.
Will be back but guys please work on internet speed.
I observed the Internet service is common issue in the chennai hotels. i had bad experience in my previous hotel, i changed my hotel now but its the same here.
on Sep 11, 2017
Jet-lagged and waiting so long for our pre-booked room wasn't fun. They charge us so much and to our disappointment service was very bad. However, the staff were nice and polite. Room was nice though!
on Aug 22, 2017
My bad luck with Chennai hotels continues. Found this place on bookings.com and went ahead as it was just next to my office. However, it was a big disappointment. The room is small and the facilities are shoddy, right form towels to bed spreads.
The coffee machine and fridge both refused to work. I could not find a remote for the TV and when I asked housekeeping to help no one turned up. Then at night it was as if some construction was going on in the upper floors. I was woken up multiple times by one noise or the other. Overall, one of those properties I would not want to return to again. However, I found the staff to be quite courteous.