Hotel with Heritage Theme is Good, Response and Food..... Not that good
on Oct 14, 2017
Room was big, good, neat and with the Heritage theme. Rooms are provided with a TV and Cable connection. WIFI is there but most of the time it wont work. Restaurant is by the side of Hotel, Food Tastes Good during Morning and During Lunch, But when comes to night, Don't go for chapati or rooti, you will get the redimade chapati, they wont prepare. No other good restaurant nearby so you have to live with it. They can improve the service and response a better way. Overall...... Not a bad hotel.....
Good option in the city
on Oct 5, 2017
The hotel is at a good location in the middle of the town, with easy access to any place one has to travel. Nice, comfortable rooms. Though in the middle if the city, it is not noisy while in the room which is important.
My Stay at ooty "The Grange Hotel"
on Jun 26, 2017
Not a great pleasure to stay at Grange hotel. May be my expectations were high from this place. I stayed here for 2 nights with family. Its an average stay in crowded town just like any other hotel.
In 3000/- per night with many inconveniences listed below it is overpriced. They are charging this much just on the name of heritage stay.However It doesn't look like a heritage property when you enter here. They should plant more greenery and make use of ample available space which they have wasted.
1. Room was small. No cupboard to keep luggage. The whole room become a mess with luggage spread across all over. The room was not what was shown in the picture.
2. Bed was small for two and a kid. No bed side table. No place to keep mobile or wallet. Even room phone was kept 3 feet down the bed. Very inconvenient.
3. No cleaning was done next day, which is usually done in all hotels everyday once.
4. Only one bottle of water was provided that too after demanding. if they feel water is expensive they could keep open drinking water in jug in the room.
6. Room service was too slow. It took more than an hour to get tea ordered in the room. Finally we had to head to restaurant to have it.
7. Hotel manager was not ready to change the room to what was shown in the picture while booking (through OYO). He kept saying other rooms are booked (though he was polite) whereas there was no one in the hotel first whole day. After all i also booked :) and paid for it.
8. They have lot of space but no much greenery is maintained. No play area for kids.
Things i liked: The restaurant is good and staff is polite. Food taste is good and prices are not too high. On table service is fast (not room service) and you can manage to have one time meal for 2 below 700/- (Veg)
Overall an average place due to all above inconveniences. if one can find a better place, go for that.
Nice stay In A Heritage Property
on Jun 17, 2017
Self along with my friend and our spouses had stayed in the Grange Heritage Hotel last week and we were very satisfied with all the arrangements and amenities. Breakfast items were limited but quantities were good and very tasty.
The hotel is nearby to the main City Centre and is very convenient to roam about.
The Hotel Staffs are very cordial and particularly, Mr.Bellie is superb. He was always in smiling face and was ready to solve our all types of needs.
We will definitely stay again in this Hotel in our next trip also.
Heritage Property with Old world charm
on Jun 12, 2017
This property has a charm of a 19th century English estate without compromising on the basic modern amenities. Nice place to stay right in the heart of Ooty with serene and calm interior. At walking distance from all the key shopping places and restaurants. It is also close to some famous places in Ooty like the Botanical gardens etc.
However there is lot of scope for improvement in the overall service quality. We had to call-up the staff multiple times for switching on the water heater and room heater as those controls were outside of the room. Food quality was average.
All in all, a good option if you want to experience a stay in an (affordable) heritage property and ready to compromise on few service quality issues.