Worst experience ever......
on Feb 9, 2018
5 star reviews.....my foot....it doesn't deserve even 1 star. When we reached the hotel, we not able to guess from where to enter we called the owner he sent a guy, only the we were able to locate the entrance of this BnB. Parking was very small and what was best that it had already 2 cars of the owner. I had to manoeuvre my car to get it parked only to get it out after a while as the owner had to go out in his car. There is no front desk and lots of construction work is pending hence lot of dust. The bathroom and the room were stinking. We had two meals there, they were awfully cold and bad. Even the owner's attitude was poor. Lets stop it here....I can't continue with the review, its taking me back to my bad memories I had during my stay in January 2018.
Best in class
on Jan 12, 2018
Great food,Best Hospitality.amazing service&super staff.Location view Great indeed.just spellbound..no words to describe plz come and feel the experince.hotel deserve the 5 star ratting for there outstanding performance.cheerz to the whole team for making my holidays awosem.Thanks
Avoid the Bodhi Tree..Not worth
on Jan 10, 2018
We stayed at the Bodhi Tree last week of December. While hunting for hotels in Shimla, we came across this property in TA and carried almost 100% 5 starred reviews. Our stay and experience of the hotel was completely opposite.
Those who are looking to explore Shimla, have some relaxing time with family should completely avoid this place. Apart from those who strictly look for a Bed n Breakfast stay, everyone else should steer clear of this place. My review criteria is around location, facilities, accessibility across the town, food, room hygiene and cleanliness, value for money. Sadly, the Bodhi Tree fails on all counts.
1. Locationwise, this is on backside of the main Shimla hills so quite far away from all happenning places. On paper, its 3 kms from mall road, but it feels terribly far from the town, there's no vehicle available, taxis would cost 150 bucks for 3 kms one way. Also be prepared to wait after booking a taxi.
2, Exteriors of the property fails to excite any one who is checking in after a long travel by road/rail. There is no front desk and lots of construction going on. Total 6-7 rooms I think and thats it.
3. Don't get fooled by the photos, those are only pics of the rooms and there is nothing else to the property that can be represented in photos.
4. There is a small kitchen and dining space which serves basic breakfast .There are 2 young men who would help you with luggage, food etc.
5. Now comes my biggest concern with this place, the cleanliness and hygiene aspects. After checking in to the rooms, we found it was so dusty and dirty like no one had been living for years.
6. The chairs, tables, bed stands, rugs, TV cabinet everything had layers of dust. The hot water kettle had particles inside.
7. Strands of hair easily found in glasses, plates, food (we had a lunch and 2 breakfasts). We ordered for some ice and found insects in it. The response given was that guests hardly ask for ice here !!!
8. The bathrooms stinked like anything.
9. We got into a huge argument with the owner couple. They didn't seem serious enough to acknowledge the graveness of the issues and all they could offer was shifting of rooms, cleaning the rooms again. Only after getting pressure from the travel company, they offered to refund partial amount. We wanted to check out immediately but as we had paid the entire amount in advance,we were helpless and had no choice but to spend 2 nights at the property.
10. And there was more to it....while checking out, we also found that that there's not even a computerized bill for any hotel expenses. They are simply managing with a paper bill book.
11. The property is being sold extremely high on travel sites and I think its due to some guests reviews who seem to have been either fortunate to get a good stay or they didnt bother to look at any of the above aspects. The stay and the food is not worth even half the price being quoted on travel sites. As a pure BnB, it could be argued that one should not expect much, but for high amount being charged and the cleanliness and hygiene issues, I would only advise...Definitely STAY AWAY from this property.
Serene location and hospitable staff
on Dec 22, 2017
Had a wonderful experience at TBT.
The views from room are unique and enjoyable.
The staff is very polite and accomodating
The food preparations were tasty and sumptuous as well
Would surely recommend for a leisure trip
on Dec 1, 2017
We had a wonderful experience at Bodhi Tree. The ambience is amazing...The staff is super courteous and the owners make sure that all your personal needs are taken care of. The food quality and taste is top notch too! We ordered tea at 6 am and it was at are room exactly then....and I do love punctuality. The view is spectacular too... all and all a great experience 😁