WORST PLACE TO STAY
on Sep 4, 2016
This has been the worst possible hotel stay in my life and i am including any stay at any private/government guest houses in remote locations in this experience, and we are talking about Delhi - a basic health and sanitation is expected. (Being a member of the press and my travels, this says a lot)
Pls do check your records if any of this conversation seems unfair/different from the events that occurred over the weekend.
1. The condition of the reception and the rooms was nothing close to satisfaction of a budget hotel.
2. No water in the wash rooms, later provided only post we called Oyo and a lot of screaming. At this point I requested Oyo to shift us to an alternate property (We were denied this as we had already checked in, but i ask you how does one find out the condition of rooms and water etc. before entering the property?)
3. We were supplied some bottled water after a lot of struggle.
4. Post that some other troubles occurred, rooms dirty etc. we were then asked to move to another room on the 3rd floor - which seemed extremely unsafe for women, which we declined and then we were asked to move to a room on the ground floor. (Plenty of calls to Oyo asking for intervention, some help came but not worth the harassment we received)
5. Sending you the photos of the room, you be the judge of the condition of the property
1. Cob webs all over the place.
2. Insects all over the place.
3. Mosquitoes, AC poor condition, no operational TV, no battery in the remote - all of this we had to scream and get sorted (requests didn't help)
4. Bathrooms were absolutely not worth mentioning (Pls see the pics).
6. Post all this, at about 11/mid night the lights in our room (mind you the room where 2 women were staying and only that room) lights go off. We call the reception - no one answered. We screamed, call Oyo and post that we were told will take another half hour to sort. The electrician and the care taker were cracking jokes about only our room lights went out. This problem was fixed and then again in another 10 mins the lights were out again.
At this point we panicked. It seemed extremely unsafe for us to stay there. We spoke to the property owner (the lights were back again by now) and we were extremely scared and panicked. I called my relatives to come help - this was extremely embarrassing for me and my guest
on Feb 11, 2016
The reviews were misleading for me as well as those photos.
- There was no signage / board outside the building. So I had tough time locating it.
- The entrance of the building was quite dirty, like an old under renovation building. I thought the lift was not working as there was no light in it. I walked up the stairs; work was going on the first two floors so there were only construction workers.
- The so called reception was quite stinky with one old sofa lying there. The person at reception was clueless about my booking and after long search and with assistance of another could find my name in a dirty long book. Staffs were very shabbily attired.
- The room was just ok. But the wardrobe was very shabby. Shelves were covered by torn brown papers with cello tape. Curtains were not washed, probably for long time. Pigeons made their homes on the windows and on window ac; which create noise continuously. Blanket / quilt was not thick enough to take care of the Delhi cold. Throughout the night I was just trying various ways to warm with that thin overspread.
But the goods are:
- Food (dinner) was cooked fresh and quite well in taste. It was also served in nice crockeries.
- Staffs are very responsive and quite humble.
on Dec 24, 2015
Feels good over her.... no home sickness...... the hospitality is good..... people over here are good.... everything is connected.... market, transport ... great ethics ....front office staff is very caring n concerned
on Dec 10, 2015
Staff is so helpful.and your room service is also good.you provide customers for your oyo kit it's too helpful.and room is always neat and clean.seating area is so good and food service is good and food is tasty for all customers.
on Dec 4, 2015
The hotel is good and professionally serviced. Breakfast is generously served as customer wishes. Staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel structure is moderately old but well maintained. WiFi is flawless. Food is delicious. I recommend this hotel.