Not a great experience to stay
on Nov 10, 2018
It wasnt a great experience there, since I went with family & booked 3 rooms, but they were just ok. 1 of the rooms had bad smell of cigarette, but the management wasnt ready to understand and look at it. After a lot of push & consistent complaining they changed the room. They dont have great options for breakfast as well. Since we were new in the place, we tried to take their support in booking a local cab for a days travel, but were cheated in that as well, since the driver dint take us to all the places as was committed nor did he complete the trip as per request. In all a 'kaam chalo place' to stay at.
Good for a couple or Lone traveler - a little challenging for a family that needs two rooms
on Oct 15, 2018
First the Good:
1. AC works very well, needed to run it at 26 DEG C. Which is what is expected of a good AC. And quiet AC, no noise
2. Room is well lightened
3. Clean bed sheets and pillow covers
4. Clean bathroom floor, clean toilet bowl
5. Very clean floor
6. The Geezer heats water very well. So if you are traveling with aged parent, you are good.
7. no smoking hotel - yahoo. Loved it.,
8. This should go to the top - the STAFF is WOW! Lashmi - our technical person, chamber maid, and go to person for everything rolled into one - Thank you very much . Your help is very much appreciated. However it is not only about Lakshmi, whose name I happen to recall. There was another person, Lakshmi's collegue - I don't recall her name. She brought us piping hot water to us with promptness. The staff is full of can do attitude. You tell about an issue that makes you fidgety, they will fix it or try to fix it with promptness. we accidentally dropped our parantha on the floor. They promptly replaced it. Thanks Team. They also went out of their way to stand in the road, and call autos for us. Such service I thought was possible only in story books!!!
The bad (I may be unnecessarily quality conscious)
1. The health faucet does not get locked in its holder. it slips out and tends to drop on the bathroom floor
2. The flush does not work so well - it has not been fitted to the wall very well. There is a gap seen on the granite slab.
3. The towel was clean, there were two towels, but where to hand the wet towel? Backrest of the chair? The towel rack in the bathroom was so narrow. There were no hanging hooks either in the bathroom. And we got one towel torn - looked like it went through 5,000 washes. Not fluffy and soft towel - but clean and hard
4. there were only 1 set of toiletries given at the time of checking in. after that nothing. two people checking into a room should expect along with two towels two sets of toiletries
1. The room is small. Quite small. one coffee table and two chairs barely fit in. Couple it with that the hotel does not have a restaurant. This is really an upset for people travelling that are more than three in a family. you would like to eat together... if four people or more are eating in a room - it will be a deal breaker. Especially so, if there are older and aged people in your family.
2. The breakfast - it is the same breakfast options everyday... no variation at least in the two days we were there. Paratha, Poori, Upma and bread butter/jam
3. Breakfast serves tea for free - however tea and coffee are not interchangeable. If you order coffee - you are charged. I feel this is not a big problem. The hotel authorities can change this rule very easily
4. Travel - there is an extremely good travel desk at the hotel that will help you. I was told for Konark, to Dhouli to Lingaraj temple to Zoo would be Rs.2,250 and parking and tolls will be extra and estimated at Rs.350. I assumed that price of Rs.350 was a pass through price. it should be on actuals. I don't think our driver paid the parking charges. But even then they insisted on us to pay the full Rs.350. It is not good. More so, when we did not go to several other places like Uday giri, Khandagir and the zoo - leading them to save on fuel.
However, overall I will still given them a full 4, given the other superlative experience that I have had from them.
A staff that provides you with a warm welcome.
on Sep 4, 2018
I visited Puri almost a year ago and chose this hotel as my shelter for a few days. We were greeted in the best way possible. The rooms provided to us were comfy and very clean. Moreover the food they provided us gave us all the homely feels. The manager even arranged for a guide for us and helped us in every way possible. The day we were supposed to leave it was 6 in the morning when they prepared breakfast for us especially so that we don't not leave empty stomach. This gesture took my heart and hence a 5/5. Unfortunately the pictures of the room got misplaced so attaching a few screenshots from the video i had made.
Good Place in Puri
on May 31, 2018
OYO 6076 Subudhi's Inn is located on VIP Road above Reliance Trends, Near S.C.S College.
It is a good place for budget stay. Location is near railway station and both bear and Jagannath temple are nearby with transport availablee
on Nov 5, 2017
We booked 4 rooms via OYO where breakfast was complementary. Room rent was over charged. This hotel does not have buffet system for serving breakfast. They provide only one paratha / 4 puri at breakfast.
Cot was spring mattress where sleep was very difficult. It caused pain in my back.
VEry rude behaviour of hotel staffs. I would recommends not to stay at this hotel.