Good Stay but Complacency Setting in!!!!
on Dec 25, 2017
We stayed here again for the 7th time in the city. Have witnessed the bad days to impeccable hospitality,hence in the past few years they have sent the benchmark so high that the expectations of patrons is sky high. With Mr Biswajeet at the helm they have tasted success and are one of the best in the city but my last stay with them was mildly disappointing. They have brilliant rooms the club facilities are worth paying for and ever hospitable staff. Coming to the not so good part, am sure the management would pay heed to it and take corrective measures:
1. First time we were staying with a small baby and I would go to the extent of saying this is not a baby friendly hotel. We were provided a nice wooden cot in the club room, so far so good.
2. While making the booking I had explicitly mentioned that I would be staying with a small 3 mth old baby so I need a room on the top floor near to the elevator. They gave us the room on the top floor but it was furthest from the elevator.
3. Generally while checking in its always a trend at Sofitel to escort the loyal Accor Plus customers to the room, that wasn't the case this time, though to her credit the female at the reception asked us once should I escort you to the room? I said no and she let it go. Small courtesies like these have made them reach the pinnacle in Mumbai and guess thats not the case now.
4. The club access is not for kids below 7 years but anyways I had seen some foreigners with small kids loitering around that area. Management never stopped them. We for obvious reasons did abide by the rules and dint get our baby in the club lounge. How difficult it is to de-mark an area and allow families with small kids in the area exclusively for them? As of now they dont have any access.
5. As we were travleing as a couple with no help one of us had to stay indoors to attend top the baby. So we couldn't eat the starters that the club lounge had to offer as the baby wasnt allowed there and we cant keep the baby unattended in the room. So the manager at the Club Lounge told us that she would give us boxes where you can take food and take to the room. In doing so she said thrice "We are making an exception" this actually wasnt needed as I know for Sofitel over past few years its always about making patrons happy by not making them feel guilty by telling them again and again that they are making an exception just because you insist.(The complacency part). Secondly she was like I wouldnt allow you anything outside in the cocktail hours, so what if you have a small baby every guest would ask for such exceptions later on if we give it to you. Later in the evening I witnessed that during the cocktail hour many of the guests were given takeaway boxes even though their kids were old enough.
6. After insisting on speaking to the duty manager(which ideally shouldnt be the case) as flexibility in rules is what hospitality is all about despite of knowing that we are traveling with a 3 month old baby we were allowed to sit near the reception and have food during the cocktail hours. This led a sour taste in the mouth and hence dint get my wife or the baby there as you dont know someone else would come up and the fear that them may disallow you from sitting there would be quite embarrassing.
7. We decided to order food in the room as our baby was sleeping and going to the restaurant would wake him up. No Accor Plus discount if you order in the room. No even 20 perecent. Guess its only a Sofitel Mumbai policy as I get discount otherwise staying at other Accor hotels for order in.
8. They told us the order would come in 30 minutes, I explicitly told them we dont want to be disturbed as we have a baby sleeping hence please dont ring the bell but please knock on the door. Still the guy rang the bell, that was not all the order dint come for almost 40 minutes and there was a call which again disturbed us stating that its on the way. The guy at the door was apologetic but the damage was already done.
9. The food we ordered from Pondicherry Cafe some Subz Handi was equally bad the vegetable was watery. Dint have the energy and time to send it back as we were very hungry.
10. Next day we asked for a baby bath tub and tumbler. They got that to us post 45 minutes after two follow ups.
11. We had a cake voucher which we wanted to use, while checking out I had to go to the Pondicherry Cafe thrice to collect it even after requesting them that please get the same to the lobby as I have a baby to take care off, no empathy had to go again to collect.
12. They took almost 30 minutes to get my luggage down after reminding them thrice. My car had also come from the valet but no sign of luggage. Quite lethargic.
The saving grace was the breakfast which was really nice and even the service was brilliant. Its not a baby friendly hotel and I could see complacency setting up amongst the staff, its just the start and hope the management takes the feedback positively and takes corrective measures, I love this hotel and it would be sad if it goes downhill from here.
One of the Very Best
on Dec 25, 2017
We booked a king size suite for a family of 4 & we were wow-ed from the arrival until departure. Taking into account all the extras our room gave us we viewed it as good value for money. Professional staff, fast check in, amazing room, executive lounge on the top floor, complimentary airport transfers. If you like a little luxury in a buzzing environment then this is a great choice for Mumbai
on Dec 25, 2017
I had visited this restaurant for birthday celebration of my wife. The ambiance is very peaceful. Food is awesome. I ordered for Jain Panner Lababdar and it was just awesome. They arranged a complimentary cake and drinks. It was very good dinner experience.
awesome stay and warmth of staff
on Dec 25, 2017
we stayed at sofitel for a staycation, the staff is always courteous and helpful.we had access to the lounge and the staff there to made sure we were comfortable and all the information about the food and beverages was made available special mention has to be made of Jagruti Bedi who would welcome us with a warm smile and make us comfortable in the restaurant..
extremely joyous and lovely experience, good food and comfort too.
on Dec 25, 2017
This hotel is very excellent hotel and also services of this hotel is very excellent and staff is very honest and polite nature and brackfast is very hot and fresh and tasty Also at the last this hotel is very excellent.