on May 25, 2017
We checked-in at 5 pm and were told that an extra mattress for the 3rd adult will be placed in the night. At 10 pm we were told that no extra bedding would be provided. Finally, after lots of arguments with the hotel staff, we were provided the extra bedding. Also, the TV in the room did not work as Tata Sky connection was not subscribed. We asked the hotel, but no action was taken. The hotel did not provide filtered water either and we were forced to buy mineral water.
worst hotel in shimla
on May 17, 2017
20 km from shimla town lonely place no shop to purchase your daily requirements.food are nastey and high price.room service is worst.they deny to supply one glass of water in morning .very dangerous staircase to climb ti reach hotel room.kitchen staff are arrogant.never choose this hotel
Don't Ruin Your Family Day!
on Mar 7, 2017
I had a much-awaited holiday in first week of March and my decision to stay in Snow Flake ruined the entire mood. This place cannot be termed as hotel and definitely the hotel owner must go to a decent 'hotel management school'. I ignored critical reviews about this hotel but now I must admit that I felt cheated, the time I stepped down from my car. All positive reviews about this hotel is either fake or maybe the positive reviewers have never been to a decent hotel.
1. The road to hotel is very very narrow and very sloppy. Not enough room for any big car or SUV.So, don't try to risk your life. By the way, there is a board mentioning the cost of road connecting the village to main road: 200 thousand (2 lakhs). I will let you assume what kind of road can be built in mountains, for this much amount.
2. The hotel is far far away from main Shimla with no market nearby. Even if you have a car, you will feel scary to go out during evenings.
3. Nothing romantic about this place. Shimla town is more lively. If you want peace and serene views, even Chhota Shimla or Kufri would be better choice.
4. You cannot admire beauty with empty stomach. The food served here was the worst, I had ever imagined. But if you stay here, you have no choice. The chef will not leave any stone unturned to ruin your mood. The menu is just an eyewash and most of the items are unavailable. Evening tea is okay but morning tea was enough for a vomit (Don't know the reason). They only serve paratha-tea or sandwich-tea for breakfast and not even curd will be served. I asked for anything else and the 'chef' said that I will have wait for lunch.
5. About the amenities: The blanket and quilt had smell. The 'so-called' sofa was torn. The table was enough for a water jug and 2 glasses only. Can't sit in balcony as there are monkeys everywhere and they may ruin your holiday. The doors are made of cheap ply and look too awful. Bugs, mosquitoes and spiders are everywhere.The power sockets are broken. Too many stairs to climb and monkeys all around make it too scary. You will surely feel deceived, no matter how little you paid for staying here.
6. 1 manager and 2 staff run this hotel. They are the cook and they are the room-service. I must admire their courtesy and support but customers deserve more. No shifts... noone at reception/kitchen will even pick call before 8 AM.
7. Still if you are adventurous, backpacker, no family... you can try this hotel at your own risk. But don't book it online as the hotel keeps a list of people doing advance payment, and will give you the worst rooms. I had booked 'Super Delux' room but what I got could give me a puke. So, better go there and check the rooms before making booking.
Holidays are meant for making memories but this place gave me nightmares. I shared my views with you so that you make some wise decisions for a memorable holiday.
Good Hotel, Courteous Staff, located close to the nature
on Dec 12, 2016
I recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights with family, Overall, it was a satisfying experience. Location is little away from the chaos of the main city but worth for nature lover's. You will need taxi service every time you venture out of the hotel. Rooms have nice views of the mountain and rising Sun. Room Service is good, owner is helpful and open to critical feedback and improvements. Food is ok and can be improved with more options. Cashless transaction is currently not available which was a surprise but owner said that it will soon be available.
on Dec 4, 2016
We visited shimla in the month of April. A set of 3 friends. The hotel is located at a very nice place with a good view of the greenery. The hospitality, food was all good. But the only backlog is that it is situated a little away from main shimla City. And yes, it does have free WifI with pretty reasonable speed