on Dec 4, 2018
The Hotel staff will not inform you about basic facilities during the time of check-in like wi-fi. Even they don't offer luggage assistance to guest from reception to their check in room. Food is under cooked but they try to compensate with free sweets, as if dinner could be replaced with sweets. Even they disturb you with various noises in night..., quiet enough to make you awake in night.
So bad food, poor sleep and bad hospitality as I experienced.
But just to alarm, I stayed in this Hotel 3rd time and faced these issues.
Hopefully, because they cater more attention to foreign guest over us.
Loved my Bed!!
on Nov 6, 2018
I was in Jaipur for a day, very tired and the bed here was all I needed.
Perfect bed and very spacious room. Loved my stay here. Friendly staff.
Location of the Hotel is centrally located- you can walk down to the market.
Perfect Location though slightly Rundown
on Nov 5, 2018
Royal Orchid Central, Jaipur is a hotel present in the action of Jaipur. Though the hotel was rundown, I had a pleasant stay with my family with minimal issues.
Firstly, the receptionists were extremely courteous by providing us with nearly check in at 11:30am as the hotel had a low occupancy. The air-conditioned room was fabulous with a well equipped bathroom(soaps, shampoos and shower caps), cupboards and hangers for clothes, a safe, reading lamps, night tables, kettle, armchair and a work desk. The bed was comfortable, however they were low. Higher beds would be better for one's back and I hope Royal Orchid looks into this. The rooms were also equipped with complimentary water, tea bags and a refrigerator. The rooms higher up are quieter due to Jaipurs' cars
The food at the restaurant was extremely rich and very tasty. None of the meals were extravagant with a wide variety of items, but the quality of food made up for that. I highly recommend the North Indian food. The Chinese food is good but needs a little work to be taken to the next level. One of the waiters, Mr. Joey, was extremely polite and courteous towards us. He went to new level to make us feel comfortable at the restaurant on the 1st floor. Hats off to him, otherwise I would not have got delicious tandoori roti with soft silky butter which melted at the touch of my tongue.
All in all, the stay at Royal Orchid was a pleasant one, and I for one had a great experience. I believe that this hotel has great value considering it is located in the centre of Jaipur with all of Jaipur's major historical attractions coupled with a fabulous Sawai Man Singh sports centre(with the cricket stadium)all nearby. Th contacting parts of Jaipur are seen with sports, historical places and traffic. I feel that Royal Orchid could look towards polishing the hotel as it seems quite rundown, especially the lobby and elevator.I highly recommend you stay at this hotel as it has great value, friendly staff and is in the prime location of Jaipur.
Kloud Roof top
on Oct 26, 2018
kloud is very good lounge moreover the service is fast and perfect, each and every employee is very polite and helpful, Manoj is the best one out of all.
ambience is just amazingl.the best part is music with pool area with bar and lighting is just superb.
Terrible and Pathetic - Avoid at all Costs
on Oct 22, 2018
Pathetic, Terrible and to be avoided at all costs.
1. Check In - Room was not ready at 2 PM n room was given but it had a peculiar smell.
2. Lobby and Hallways have a strange smell whenever you enter the hotel.
Rooms given are of a different type than your booking.
3. Linen and towels have stains n are of another hotel which is owned by this property owner ( Hotel Paradise). Only one face towel for one room seems to be their rule n we cannot get more even if we ask for them.
4. Indian food is ok and palatable. Do not try anything else especially Western and Chinese.
5. Breakfast - Starts at 7 AM but at 7.20 AM there were 12 people in all and i) There were no cups for tea ii) Toaster was not working iii) Cart for egg dishes but no one to prepare them iv) No steward in sight. v) No glasses on tables and not provided even though asked for but were provided for 2 foreigners vi) No spoons n quater plates on tables vii) No manager available viii) Idli n Sambhar not palatable. Chutney was stale, ix) Several slices of bread also stale. x) Mini Samosas were not there and not refilled inspite of asking for them. xi) One Chef was seen drinking Strawberry Milk Shake directly from the glass container before refilling it.xii) Poor selection of spread.
6) Bathrooms need a major upgrade. Dirty and I have pics for it.
7) Only Shampoo is there with Shower Gel. Nothing else. Soap given will help you get dry skin and is to be avoided.
8) Icing on the Cake: Groups of school children take over hotel with bulk booking and create such a ruckus that you cannot sleep. Finally you are on your way to get some sleep, then kids start harassing by pressing doorbells again and again from 6 AM. They were from Sanjay Ghodawat Institutions.
Several other points like electrical points not working and guards and staff expecting tips etc but being minor not being raised.
This is no 3 or 4 start hotel, At best it is 2 star and not a rupee over 1400-1600 per night with breakfast. If you are paying more, then it is foolishness.
All in all, avoid at all cost even if it is free.