One of the favourite places in my list ♥️
on Nov 18, 2017
Rutuparna resort is one of the place where I love to spend time on my empty weekends ! Perfect venue for enjoyment and to be with your closed ones! Services and food is at the best ! Surrounded by beautiful scenery! Perfect holiday spot 💯⭐️
Perfect place to stay with friends
on Aug 31, 2017
I was here last week with my college friends. This resort surrounded by hills and greenary. Wonderful enviornment and ambience. Well Maintained Big living rooms and superb quality food. Excellent service by staff and all.
Enjoyed the most
on Aug 3, 2017
Visted Rutuparna farm in Aungust 1st week. Had gone with family and friends. Really enjoyed alot in the resort. Small amd sweet close to nature. Ambience, food, hospitality,owner, rooms, services, bathroom, over all service is really good. Rooms and bathrooms are really awesome. Was keen to know about the bathroom as had gone through a review that the bathrooms are too open and ladies feel shamed of having bath, but it was nothing like that at all. The bathrooms are all closed and designed in a really good way. All 4 sides are closed properly and plants are planted. The shower area has a glass on the ceiling which gives a nice different felling while having bath. I am unloading pictures of their review book, all people have written nicely and some pictures of our friends and family enjoyment.
Do vist friends and enjoy , i am surely going to vist again n again.
Soothing and calming getaway
on Jul 18, 2017
This place in the midst of nowhere nestled in the lap of nature is a complete treat to all of one's senses. It is kind of a mixture of a resort and farmhouse. It is small with hardly 8 rooms and a small dining area and minimal staff. Yet, its so beautifully designed, as soon as you enter, you know booking a room here was definitely the right decision for a calming and soothing getaway.
The room and the bathroom area are neatly and well maintained. Only the linen seemed like it has been over-used. The staff is decent and considerate towards the guests' needs. One of the highlights of the stay here has to be the food which was absolutely delicious and lipsmacking! It has the home-made feel to it rather than a restaurant-like taste. We ordered thalis and the cuisine I believe was local. We ate to our heart's content. I would like to specify that there is no other option for food anywhere close by and one will have to rely completely on the resort for food.
Also, listing a few negatives of the place:
- Late in the night we realized that there was no water in the bathroom. This is something which is not acceptable.
- I am not sure why do they ask for complete payment as soon as we check-in.
- During the monsoons, the roads leading to the resort are in a terrible condition.
- The place is small and there are no activities to pass time unless you have planned something. (I would highly recommend visiting some beautiful waterfalls nearby.)
Refreshing, Energizing and Tranquil Monsoon weekend
on Jun 28, 2017
I visited Rutuparna Farms this weekend and had a great experience at this lovely little place situated in the heart of Mulshi.
1. Small plot of land which hosts 7 spacious and well maintained rooms with all facilities like TV, AC, Shower, Swing Chair and Hammock
2. Delicious home like food, simple yet delicious, with a Kolhapuri touch - cooked in a very clean and tidy kitchen. Supposedly, the chef has 40+ years of cooking experience and it shows!
3. Nested in the lap of green valley of Mulshi, this place is absolutely terrific weekend gateway from Pune. So close yet so far!
4. Totally a value for money destination. All meals included package for a couple costs you INR 5000 per night. That's reasonable!
5. The staff is comprised of localites who take care of the property, but are polite, attentive and caring
1. We had a good time with other guests staying at the farm, but suprisingly the owners who were also on the property preferred staying aloof. Not once did they bother to interact with any of us during the stay. Not sure if that was mere shyness or arrogance?
2. The DTH in our room wasn't working, but inspite of the caretaker raising it with the owner, the subscription was not renewed! Not that we went there for watching TV, but this certainly shows how much they care about the concerns raised by the guests
3. No review would be complete without mentioning the unique bathrooms which have a glass top and a metal mesh opening at the other end. Not sure what purpose it serves, but is certainly annoying! Doesn't help when you are staying at a remote place where insects and mosquitoes can cause nuisance
In a nutshell, a place worth visit if you want to spend serene time in solitude and get re-energized amidst the beauty of nature.
The website mentions to take the Mulshi Road > Kolwan-Paud Road (after the Paud Bus Depot) > Bhadas Road > Rutuparna , but this road is in pretty bad condition! I would instead recommend Mulshi Road > Lonavala Road > Bhadas Road > Rutuparna. This road is 8 km longer, but would certainly keep your cars tyre intact. Have a look at the Google Map snapshot I have attached in this review.