Excellent hotel, a little help with taxis would be appreciated
on Apr 5, 2018
i) The hotel is about 250 metres from the main road and about 200 metres from the sea shore. No, you cannot see the sea from the hotel.
ii) The room we stayed, 202 was spacious and had a balcony (facing the road) and a bathtub which was a much enjoyable added bonus.
iii) The staff are courteous and quick to respond. Our hand shower was damaged, they replaced it immediately. The water in the bathroom stopped, they took action immediately.
iv) Food is not their strong point. While the breakfast buffet spread is optimal, the taste of other a la carte dishes were less than spectacular. They have a Friday Sea Food night, where the rates are really rocket price - obscenely expensive.
v) Cleanliness is their strong point. The rooms, the pool, the restaurant, the saloon and every other outdoor place of the hotel was clean
vi) There are two swimming pools - one main large pool and a small one in their adjacent new property - the L block
vii) The hotel does absolutely no help with taxis. For a hotel that is situated in a nook, transport from the hotel is a challenge. If you do not have your own rented vehicle, the Goan taxi drivers are waiting like a hawk to prey on you. And the hotel management apparently is helpless before them. We stayed in another hotel in South Goa, where they at least had a tariff for popular destinations and packages. This hotel didn't even have that. Hotel staff don't even give your estimates of how much it would cost to do a North Goa tour or to go an adjacent tourist spot. You are out to fend for yourself against the taxi drivers who stand outside. And boy, are they expensive. Even if you try to book online or call from a local cab operator, they are afraid to pick you or drop you before the hotel because of the strong taxi union. Taxis in general are super expensive in Goa, where you do not have Ola and Uber. And the hotel does little to help the helpless tourist.
viii) There are many shacks (eateries) on the sea shore. Some of them like Tropicana will give you a seat just one metre from the sea waves at night. It is an enthralling experience which one should not miss. Fish is not cheap in Goa.
ix) The hotel is designed aesthetically around the two swimming pools, but there are no other entertainment options either indoor or outdoor
x) Wifi does not work in the room. The strongest signal is at the reception where the modem is placed.
xi) The rooms are dark and inadequately lit. Probably designed for romantic couples. But if you are there with family or for business, you might want a bit more brightness in the room.
xii) The door did not have a peep-hole so you do not know who is knocking at the door.
Very good resort to stay
on Apr 5, 2018
I checked in here with my family.The resort in clean and green. Rooms are excellent. Staffs are very polite. The resort has maintained its standard everywhere. Swimming pool is ultra clean. Food is very good. We enjoyed various delicacies. Overall 5 star rating.
Nice hotel but simple improvements needed
on Apr 4, 2018
My family and I stayed at this resort for 4 nights after a 5 day Golden Triangle tour. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel to others however a few simple improvements would make this a fantastic resort.
- Excellent location (close to beach and shops).
- Very clean throughout, including the pool.
- Perfectly adequate breakfast with enough variety.
- Helpful staff at reception.
- We upgraded to the Super Deluxe rooms which were lovely apart from the bathrooms which were in desperate need of refurbishment. I believe the Deluxe rooms had better showers!
- WiFi is virtually non-existent.
- Meals were OK and dining staff not really friendly. Go to the beach and eat at Tropicana ... food and service is many levels higher, great WiFi, free sunbeds with towels and Anita does an amazing massage!
- Children should not be allowed to swim at evening meal times. We had a candlelight dinner one evening near the pool and children kept splashing water into our drinks and food. Staff did try and stop this but parents seemed to allow it to continue.
- Do not book taxis outside the hotel. They are about twice the price of the taxis on the main road which is only a 5 minute walk from the hotel.
First trip to Goa
on Apr 4, 2018
This property is very nice and located near to calangute beach. Rooms are very descent. They organised a candle light dinner as per our request. Food quality and variety is nice. They will prepare any food item as per request definitely with extra cost. Overall a nice place to stay with family. 😊👍
on Apr 1, 2018
Nice ambience with professional and very polite staff. Probably one of the best breakfast in town. Good maintenance of the property. Very close to the beach and renowned shacks. The very best place to stay in goa.