Nice hotel at a convenient location
on Nov 6, 2018
I stayed in this hotel for 4 days during my solo stay in Mumbai and I had a good experience. About 20-25 minutes away from the airport, this hotel is has a convenient location.
What I liked:
1. The location of the hotel is the best thing - walkable distance from Khar station, this hotel is placed right on the main road which makes it convenient to get rickshaw, bus and taxi. There are several restaurants and street food shops in and around.
2. Easy checkin and checkout process
3. Their room served breakfast is also a good spread. I would get a call from the kitchen every night asking about my preference of breakfast and time and the food would be served hot the next morning dot at time
4. The rooms were kept clean
1. This is not a luxury hotel. If you are looking for a decent place to stay and crash for a night sleep, then this is a good option
2. Because the hotel is right at the main road, you will get noise from the road. There is also one Irish pub right next door and you will get to hear some sound from there too.
3. I couldn't control/change the room temperature as the device wasn't in the best functioning. I called the room service and they came and fixed it.
Overall the location of the hotel is the best and it worked well for me to stay out all day and crash at the hotel at night.
This hotel should be renamed The Hotel of Horrors, it was a disgrace........
on Sep 6, 2018
We'd just moved from a fine hotel in south Mumbai and expected a drop in standard and service, the lower price sort of ensured that. We had, as per usual, heavily emphasised a non-smoking room, a quiet room with some view if possible. Ramee guestline struck out on all three!. First non-smoking room offered actually had an ashtray and matches sitting there and stunk of cigarettes, NO, thanks. Second room offered, the same except they'd hastily removed the ashtray, still stunk of cigarrettes after recently spraying to no effect. NO THANKS, WHAT PART OF NON-SMOKING DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?
Third room not as bad but even more heavily sprayed, all the soft furnishings stunk! By now we are talking refund, we are not staying here!! One last chance, a higher room, no smells, we accepted this, with ill-grace I admit. The advertised Irish Pub was long gone, it was a reason we chose the Ramee. What replaced it? A loud night club, right next to the first 'quiet room' they tried to foist on us. Our room rattled and boomed until the early hours and somehow, via the central air-conditioning managed to pump stale cigarette smells into our 4th floor room. Top that off with DAILY requirements to update the room key, we were never told this on any day, but had to trek down to get it re-activated. Some tasty consumables were eaten on day one, never replaced. The only consolations were the room service food was pretty good and our check-out bill not padded, but nor was there any reduction either. The House of Horrors was worse than terrible, could not recommend to anyone. Avoid at all costs!
Convenient and Quick CHeck In
on Sep 4, 2018
We missed our flight and was looking for immediate over night stay.
Most hotels were overpriced like OYO@4k and so on,
We found this at walking distance from our location,
The front office was quick and efficient.
Just entered room and it’s totally value for money.
The front office guy upgraded to top floor , as we looked tired and ground floor had the club noise .
Over all a great budget choice .
on Sep 4, 2018
While booking I was going through some negative reviews. Seriously guys, either those reviewers never visited the hotel or they haven't seen the BAD hotels. Ramee guest line Khar is a perfect hotel for solo or even for family for that matter. My room was spotlessly clean & equipped with a bath tub. There are 2 big lifts which even some (so called) 4 star hotels don't have.
Didn,t try the breakfast as there are plenty of options nearby.
Staff is very friendly and helps you in whatever possible way. Whenver I return to Mumbai, Ramee guestline Khar will be the only option for me to stay in this area.
Good location & Clean hotel
on Aug 22, 2018
The hotel is in great location -Khar. The rooms are clean. Lobby is small. I hope they allow guests in room. Otherwise, it is difficult to meet guests in the reception lobby. Food is good. Attached restaurant is nice. Night there is sound of night club in the lift and lower floors.