Unique true India experience
on Dec 26, 2017
A truely unique look at India with a fantastic guided tour of Mandawa organised by our lovely and friendly staff at the Hotel Mandawa Haveli. Beautiful hotel with warm and friendly staff. This off the tourist track adventure is well worth a stop for those who want to see the real India
on Dec 21, 2017
This time we stayed only for one night, but as stated in my earlier review this is worth, very nice staff, nice hospitality. Although July wasn't the month to visit as it is hot but nevertheless it was good. They are installing televisions some of the rooms and planning to make the guests couch potatoes...
Choose rooms wisely
on Dec 21, 2017
Stayed here for 2 nights last week. One room was booked online and the other telephonically. The website is fancy and allows one to book rooms by name. However in reality I think the reception allots rooms on a first come first served basis. Though I must say that the people at the reception try their best to accommodate your requirements. So day 1 I reached late to find that only two rooms (Gwala and Kanu) were available. Since I really wanted to stay at this place I took both the rooms but had a very difficult night. Both the rooms were not to my liking. While Gwala had very tall beds and a very inconvenient bathroom, Kanu was too small with creaky bed and even smaler bathroom. To add to all of it, Kanu was just beneath the staircase leading to the restaurant and so the entire night was a nightmare. Having made up my mind to check out early, I approached the reception where they understood the issues and offered Makhan and Sudarshan as an option. I must thank the reception people for giving me these choices as both these rooms were very comfortable.
Coming to the other issues :
1) Food in the restaurant is definitely an issue. Breakfast, Dinner were all quite inedible.
2) The taxi arranged by the hotel overcharged us and the driver had no information about any of the places that are to be visited in the region.
3) The billing needs to be little more transparent as I am still not sure of the break up of the amount charged to me.
But inspite of the above, the hotel has its plus points too.
1) The people at the reception and at the restaurant were very nice and accommodating. Since I was travelling with my parents who had some mobility issues, they tried their best to make their stay comfortable.
2) The overall decor and facade of the hotel is marvellous. It was one of the best haveli that we visited across the region.
So overall a mixed feeling but I think I would like to stay here again when I visit the region next.
Royal stay with awesome views
on Nov 20, 2017
Hotel is located in the middle of city and has all the amenities,clean room with warm water. Haveli is colorful with lots of paintings and heritage collections.Staff is very helpful and you will enjoy talks with rakesh as he explains all the details of haveli and history of region in details.
Views from the top of haveli is awesome and you can watch a calm and colorful mandawa.
on Oct 13, 2017
One of the best hotels i have seen in India.Great Environment and staff was very helpful and friendly. Food was very delicious and healthy,while room were also very comfortable and clean.In the last a very big thanks to owner and a great personality Mr. Dinesh Dhabhai.