Much better options available in Goa to stay
on Jan 15, 2020
Palmarinha Resorts and Suites - Certainly not an option to stay in Goa. The management is not worried on service instead focussed in money minting from visitors. Poor Wifi inside room premises, Not a great Breakfast. You need to depend on Wifi, due to poor mobile network in the resort. Rooms were just Okay. TV was non functioning and not attended too when complained about. There is a bike rental option owned by a different person inside the resort. Reliable and worth taking bikes from them.
Much better options available in Goa to stay
Worst Experience | Rude Staff | Stringent Rules | Poor Location | Costly Menu | No facilities
on Jan 5, 2020
If you really want to spoil your trip then do go for this hotel. Let me share a brief update about this so called "Resort" and it's facilities.
1. An old property means old furniture, lift, bed, tables and chairs. The standard of each furniture is so cheap that you will regret why did you book this?
2. Bad checkin time. No matter how much do you need to wait (if you happen to come early due to flight) they won't give you room till 2 pm. Seriously? We pay for the entire day but get room at 2 pm??
3. The wifi and TV are damn good. Wifi only works in balcony as per the staff but you will regret the speed and would feel like GPRS is better than this. Yeah, I meant GPRS not 3g, 4g
4. Though they don't allow outside food (and you get to see that at the main entrance only), if by any chance you order food late night then forget the plates and spoon requests you gonna ask for from restaurant. They would need you to purchase something from their restaurant and then provide extra utensils. The restaurant is so cheap tha tea costs 90 bucks and that too full of water.
5. Stringent swimming pool rules. They will close as and when they want. Also the standard time to close the pool is at 7 pm. So if you happen to plan enjoying at pool post Beach sessions then forget it. Also in case if you don't have swim wear then forget entering in pool. You will never be allowed.
6. The staff is so rude and talk nonsense when you request anything. Untrained staff everywhere.
7. Housekeeping doesn't have checklist while cleaning room lolz. They forgot to replace towels twice :P
8. In case you happen to damage any item.. Be ready to pay hefty fines. Pls check the pics.
9. The hotel is located at best place where you won't get any market nearby and have to travel 1.5 km to reach to nearest market. There is only one bike rental shop near the hotel which means their monopoly while renting bike or car. You get double price.
10. Last but not the list - Read all 9 points and think again if you can get similar discounted resort near h calangute.
P :S I booked deluxe suit.. And all these reviews are of that only. No matter which room you book, you will get same facility and no room is different..
on Dec 28, 2019
We have just come back after spending 4great weeks at the Palmarinha, as always rooms clean and comfortable, pool great good food and all staff are great can’t thank everyone enough for giving us a great holiday .thanks to management for making us feel welcome , it’s a really great place to go if you want a quiet break
BAD SERVICE AND UNCLEAN
on Dec 27, 2019
Looks good in the hotel website but not as good as it is. Service is very bad, all items inside the room are priced, pool has a limited time period and they urge to wear only certain material swim suit which they ask us to buy from their own store and its priced more than the street shops. Food is also not that good but priced high. Even in play area they haven't kept a ball to play TT/Foosball, need to get it from their restaurant with a charge of 100/each item(refundable on return). Overall its not a good place to stay.
Below average resort.
on Dec 16, 2019
From last 5 years I hv been visiting this hotel but this time it was poor experience and I have already decided not to stay next time..
Staff is rude now, Breakfast time is 7:30 to 10, I reached there 10:10 as I have to give scooty back to vendor and I reached resturant and saw they started winding up. I asked for juice, and they denied saying time is over... In just 10 mins? That too for food?
Anyway next is power cut issues. Many times there was power cut and no power back up.. Total black.. Even fan was not working... Crazy....
They asked for lycra costumes but saw many peeps in swimming pool without lycra..
And yes if you think billiards is free.. No.. Rs 100 are charges for billards..
Order club sandwich. Which was in time and was good enough.
Hot water is there 24 hrs.. AC was good.