Awefull stay in this hotel
on Dec 21, 2017
This hotel is not only overpriced but also at the same time lack amenities expected at such high rate. You make people wait outside and dont even let people enter the hotel if they by chance reach before checkin time. May I ask you one thing being in a hotel industry you must be aware of an early checkin rule right which can be availed by paying up some extra amount. Even if i consider that you dont had adequate rooms you dont have the necessary courtesy to ask people to wait inside. What else to say not only were your rooms small but filled with spider webs and feels like coming to a dahramshala not a hotel .
Guys don't stay in this hotel. This hotel staff made my shimla trip worst
Very nice hotel
on Sep 5, 2017
It is a very nice hotel in Shimla.It is nearby the main shopping market for the tourist,The mall road.rooms r very spacious.There r family rooms also available with double bed and 2 kids bed.Rooms r wooden flooring which is great for too much cold.Rooms r neat and clean.Overall a nice and budget hotel.
Unprofessional Management and Staff
on Jul 21, 2017
1) Hotel has short way to reach Mall road but this way to Mall road is too steep that it becomes extremely difficult to reach Mall road and almost impossible for old aged and children to walk through this road and hotel is far from lift service area,
2) Hotel Management who is doing the booking are over smart and thinks customer to be fool once they receive payment they do not pay attention to customers complaints and do not keep their wordings. They are totally unprofessional having so attitude. Earlier my plan was two stay for 2 days but when I discussed with them after 2 days to extend my booking for 3rd day they deal in very unprofessional way as this was the peak season time of June and even told me to leave the room at once. They need to be professional and focus on their way of speaking.
3) Rooms are not spacious and small in size and also hotel tariff is high as per the facilities provided.
on May 30, 2017
Located on main Cart Road. Hotel claims to have 100m from Mall. But the approach is very steep, not for old aged or kids and definitely more than 100m
The room rates are high compared to the facilities offered. Only good things are firstly there are bunk beds for two kids in a family room and secondly the view from front rooms is fantastic
The restaurant closes at 1030pm or so and thereafter it's not possible to get even a spoon!
Didn't have a medical kit also
Parking is limited to max 3-4 cars
Overall an average hotel with rates pretty high. Can be very good with just a little bit of more interest by the management
It's a kind of lodge only.
on Mar 13, 2017
I stayed in this hotel in Holi weekend and it was a family trip. We didn't get rooms booked in advance due to sudden plan and thought of finding a hotel on arrival. However, unfortunately we got late and arrived shimla at 8PM. We enquired this hotel and checked in as we didn't have much options due to station being packed fully.
1. Though it was huge rush in shimla, the hotel didn't charge us premium as other hotels like brightland, rajdoot and cedar grand were doing. We were given room at nominal cost.
2. Located adjacent to Victory tunnel. So going to kufri was easier and so was to get out of city on check out.
3. Food was average but compared to quality of hotel and service, it was great.
4. Hot water was available.
5. Payment accepted thru card but only partially and have to pay 3500 in cash also
1. As explained, the hotel is not near mall road and one has to walk over 30 mins, on the slope to reach The Ridge. But can be walked, if you are young enough. Hotel is situated at distance of 4 kms from lift to mall road which is nearest place to reach mall road.
2. Very basic service: even in too cold nights, they do not provide heater with room and will charge 200 per night for each heater. This would be one wire heater and will not work much. Even they didn't work at first place and has to replaced multiple times. It seems they were switching it off centrally.
Heaters were not having proper switches and were dangerous and could cause casualties.
3. No tea before 7:30AM. Nothing will be served after 10:30 PM. Even for water, had to call 3 times then walked to reception.
4. Standard size rooms are too small and hardly having any space to move around. Deluxe rooms were ok. Only towel and a soap in name of toiletries. Bed sheets were messy and not washed for last few years it seems. Even room was having spider net at few places. Seems never taken care.
5. No parking within hotel though paid parking is just opposite and is usually available.
Reviewing Avg bcoz of food and charges otherwise sleeping there was difficult due to chilling nights and weak heating arrangements.