Kolkata visit in January
on Jan 14, 2020
We stayed in Southern Plaza hotel in Kolkatta recently during our vacation to India. This is a beautiful hotel in Southern Kolkatta near Kalighat and Ravindra Sarovar Metro stations. We liked it because it was on a quieter street with respect to other hotels in the vicinity. We had good night's sleep Each night. The room was cozy small but had all necessary amenities. Hot showers, Mini Bar, Good Bed, AC etc.
The hotel had a small restaurant. We enjoyed lovely coffee in the restaurant.
on Sep 7, 2019
The hotel was not up to the mark as portrayed in the different websites. Very boring and gloomy ambience and also the services needs improvement . The food quality was also so so. Not worth the money paid for.
Decent budget hotel in South Kolkata
on Aug 18, 2018
Chose the hotel because of its location. Close to South Kolkata important locations and in a quiet environment. Rooms are well furnished with the basic amenities and a wonderful wifi in the room. Hotel manager and his personnel were friendly. Would have enjoyed a balcony or a larger view of the outside. The reception area could have been better with some seating space. The restaurant Oceania served good food but found it a bit expensive compared to similar eating places. Overall a good place to spend a short visit.
on Feb 25, 2018
Located in nice peaceful area.
(1) Hotel rooms are too compact and no privacy as hotel is surrounded by residential buildings.
(2) AC position in room I stayed was quite irritating to have cool air blast on face while sleeping on bed.
(3) Toilet towels were positioned just above commode, which is very awkward and scarcity of falling towel into commode.
(4) Most discomfort is due to refrigerator which was not at all getting cool and shocking to know that refrigerator from all rooms functions the same ! I don't understand the purpose of having refrigerator which won't get cool????
(5) Breakfast has very limited offer may be 2-3 dishes!!!!
(6) Just opposite to hotel is Municipal Corporation depot for garbage collection cart.
(7) Food served is of good taste and quantity.
(8) Provision of boot polish is missing.
“Worst hotel in Kolkata
on Aug 19, 2017
Stayed there for 4 night because done booking thru Makemy trip. The place is unhygenic and filthy,This disgusting, un-maintained, dirty hotel would be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The entire place was dirty from entrance to exit. Toilets was so dirty and full of stains all over the toilet. The corridor was so dirty and they did put the efforts to collect the used plates from corridor.Only half liter mineral water bottle was provided and after that they will give you RO water.
Had pathetic experience. Truly horrible experience. think 10 times before staying here.. Railway station hotel are good option then this one.