Caretaker / staff; makes this place enjoyable
on Jun 5, 2017
This is a cool place to spend a weekend. It is ideal for larger groups to spend quality time together (15 - 16 people). Rooms are spacious & the whole place is very neat, clean & very well maintained. There is a swimming pool (which is very small though), table tennis table, carrom board & chess for time pass. The caretaker / staff makes the difference here & makes this place good. They are very friendly & make you feel very comfortable. They cook superbly as well. I would give it a 👍
Lovely villa for a family get-together
on Feb 1, 2017
The villa is well maintained, rooms and bathrooms are very spacious. The pool is clean. We (5 families) stayed there for three nights and kids really enjoyed the place, there is plenty of space to run around. They have Table tennis, chess, caroms as indoor activities. The caretakers are very friendly and ready to cook what we order. The beach is walkable, there is a shortcut through the bushes and sands, but advisable to take a proper road if lonely/during night. Loved the place. It can accommodate a big group with kids. There are beach shacks and water sports in the beach. The beach was less crowded and calm.
The few cons I felt;
1. The floor mats were old and very small.
2. The soap provided was of substandard quality. Only soap and towels were provided in the washrooms. No shampoo.
3. No shops nearby
OS by the sea- owning the shore by the sea, albeit for a few days
on Nov 30, 2016
When you need time for yourself and your school buddies, when you want to be surrounded by nature, the trees, the chirping birds in the mornings and as dusk sets in , this town and the villa called OS BY THE SEA lets you be. No one bothers you, and you get to rule your world, in the truest sense, and when you wake to reality, the rustle of the sea, less than a kilometre away, lets you revel in the newly found space!
Anil who oversees the property is a professional and has Benjamin and Mabel managing the daily grind. They are assisted by a set of young boys, (a special mention of Kevin), who ensure that the services levels are met. The rooms of the villa are airy, large that have a common dining space. Internet connectivity may be a concern sometimes, though.
We enjoyed our dip in the pool, the steaming pot of tea, the hearty breakfast and the wonderful dining experience made possible by Benjamin.
A must stay on place, for people who prefer the quiet neighbourhood which provides you with the Goan experience .
Calm location but away from main road
on Mar 9, 2015
If you looking for privacy this is the Hotel to visit. I would not term it as a resort though. Food was really nice and service was quick. This Property is quiet away from the main road and at night can be a pain.
But a decent hotel especially for the price you pay. Clean swimming pool.
Nice but plenty of room for improvement
on Dec 2, 2014
This property is in a remote location but it's a lovely building. Large rooms, plenty of space and a very friendly couple running it. The food was very nice.
If I could pick it up and move it to a more lively town, I would look at staying there again.
Few things I didn't like :
- They charge for wifi. it's 2014, wifi should be as standard as running water and not with a charge.
- The website I booked it through had it mapped in a different location than it actually was, not the fault of the hotel, but I ended up staying 10kms away from where I wanted to stay as a result. Goa taxi drivers are an absolute rip off and seem to have have a collusion so can't even bargain down rate.
- Room inside was very clean but the window out of the bathroom had lots of rodent droppings on the window sill. Granted this was outside the room, but I could never open the window and something that should have been cleaned. Mosquito screen was torn too.
- Security guard demanded tip when I came home late to give me my key.
I don't like writing a fairly negative review because family were so nice, but the place has lots of potential with not much more effort. Given it's location, it needs to be better than the average hotel to attract people.