Below avg. Hotel
on Dec 28, 2017
I stayed in room no 103 close to reception in this hotel with family for two nights from 26 Dec to 28 Dec 2017. I booked through goibibo and paid premium (Rs.9300/- for 2 nights) considering high demand period.
1. Location: Hotel is located in a lane connecting Station Road and Chakra tirtha Road. Private tour operators who arrange sight seeing trip to Chilika and other places use this lane as boarding point, so it may get noisy in the morning. Temple is around 3 Kms. and modern beach is less than one km. Autos can be easily available from either side of the lane.
2.Room Amenities: Decent size room with attached room with Gyeser, AC, TV.
1. Cleanliness is not maintained in the hotel. Reception area is not clean. Room bedsheets are not clean. Staff replaced the bedsheet on request but has multiple small holes in it. Thus hotel is using bedsheets which should be discarded. Room curtain were dirty and stinking. Door mats provided in the room were dusty and sandy. We asked house keeping staff to replace it but they refused saying they don't have one.
2.Bathroom have a window and when opened gives the oily smell of restaurant kitchen ( Restaurant is in the basement of the building) which is annoying. Also in the restaurant peak hours bathroom is noisy (you will hear some kind of exhaust fan noise from kitchen and bathroom does not have any exhaust fan.
3. Hotel provided only two drinking bottles at the time of check-in. No water bottles provided on second day. Only one towel provided per room per night. When asked for extra staff said its not available.
4. Room has small mosquitos. We have to put our own mosquito repellent as one provided by hotel is not effective.
5. Housekeeping/restaurant staff is not professional and using room no. 104 ( my next room) for their fun and talking loudly at the time of check-in. This gives wrong impression about experience user will get during stay.
A Superb hotel
on Aug 20, 2017
It's a very nice budget hotel in Puri city, neat and clean rooms, nice food, Good location ,near to beach and awesome food, courteous staff and best hospitalty, I would like to stay again and again. Thanks to team Mj residency
Very Bad Hotel
on Jul 3, 2017
I had booked this hotel for my family for two nights. I argued with the receptionist and fought to get a similar room what I had booked through booking.com. They did not accept card payment. Bathroom is not maintained. Flush is not working. From all pipe lines water is leaking. After complaining only they started the room AC. Did not provide a single chair in the room. I was forced to have food sitting on bed. Restaurant is not cleaned at all. Full of flies. Only good thing about this hotel is it's location and Wi Fi. I shall never recommend this hotel to any one in my life.
One word - "Pathetic"
on Jun 1, 2017
I normally try to find out good things about any place I visit. But sorry to say, my experience was pathetic. I stayed only one night with family.
First, the good thing (only good thing) their rooms are good in size.
But here are the problems I faced:
1. I confirmed twice before check-in about my date and time for early check-in, which they agreed upon. But when I dropped at 7 am, the person in reception had no clue about my early arrival, hence I was detained room till 10 am. Imagine, and I was with small kids?????
2. Pathetic breakfast. In fact, the dining room was filthy as they had a party last night. Strange !!!
3. The room doesn't have tea maker etc. and they'll charge you if you ask for extra pot.
4. Every service requires multiple followups
5. And finally (Should I write it) - Next morning there was no water in Toilet and the person in charge had no clue how to resolve the issue.
Rest, I leave to your imagination.
My biggest surprise, How OYOROOMS got it enlisted. And I've given the feedback to their representative as well.
Best Budget Hotel
on Apr 17, 2017
A well maintained budget hotel in puri, very neat and clean rooms along with all basic amenities, fine dine restaurant with awesome quality of food and very fast service, hotel is in a prime location near to sea beach and railway station, temple is also not so far from the hotel, overall spend a good time in hotel mj residency.