on Dec 9, 2014
I played a tennis tournament at Ankara in September 2014 and I stayed at Angora Hotel because it was recommended by the tennis club . I had stayed at this hotel 2 years ago and I saw that this hotel is getting worse. The rooms are very old . Restaurant is mediocre . Many sports teams are staying at this hotel when they play at Ankara so the hotel lounge and coorridors were very '' loud '' until late hours of the night . I do not plan to stay there in the future.
Great room, but not all of them
on Jan 7, 2014
I had single bed room and it was really great! little bit small, but I would say completely new room. My friends stayed in double room and it was completely different - old room with quite old furniture. 4 star hotel should not have half ( or few ) 4* rooms and rest of them 3* or less.
Loby looked nice, there was free internet in loby and in rooms. Breakfast and dinner were quite bad, lots of some salats, a very few main dishes! Sweets were very good I must say :)
Four Star? Definitely not for all rooms
on Jun 22, 2013
Be wary if booking this hotel - some rooms have been renovated, others are in dire need. As part of a small group tour, we compared notes. Our room (206) was well overdue for renovation. The bed cover had a hole in it; winter weight duvet on the bed (in June); and the AC was useless. The bathroom had a shower over the bath, with a showerhead due to fly apart with 90% of the water falling vertically and the other 10% escaping horizontally - some guaranteed to get you in the eye. The pattern was worn off the wall tiles, leaving horrible dark grey areas.
However, food for the buffet breakfast couldn't be faulted.
on May 8, 2013
We arrived to the Angora hotel on 04/04/2013. The hotel is located in a good position. It is near to city center. The lobby was clean but small. Breakfast was good and guests can choose from a variety of foods. The receptionist Mr. Mustafa Demirci oğlu was very friendly. The hotel was clean. The advantage of this hotel is its location. There is a famous shopping mall that you can see from the hotel. It is Ankamall. You can find anything at Ankamall . There are a lot of good restaurants around the hotel.
Places to visit: You shouldn’t miss the Anitkabir and Ankamall when you go to Ankara.
“Nice Hotel in ULUS, Great Breakfast Buffet”
on Feb 7, 2013
Definitely a great hotel and close to nice restaurants . It is also close to embassies if you're there on business. Overall Ankara doesn't have as many sightseeing spots as your normal tourist city, but there's a castle and an archeology museum which are a good 4-5 miles away from the hotel. We walked there in summertime and were pretty tired by the time we got to the museum. It's a quick - and relatively cheap - taxi ride away.
..The breakfast buffet is what we still dream about.Overall hotel staff is friendly and courteous. They all speak English very well - obviously. We used their dry cleaning service, and got the suit back promptly . The rooms are clean and efficient. THANK YOU FOR ALL