Good infrastructure, badly utilised
on Oct 1, 2017
Hotel is conveniently located near at Puri Railway Station, on main road at comparatively cleaner part of the town and away from the Swargdwar area & so not much congested.
Sea beach just opposite to the hotel & hardly 2 minutes walking away. Glimpse of sea is visible from the front facing rooms. As the beach is clean and not much crowded, it is a good option to relax particularly at evening time.
Hotel is moderately sized with clean & spacious rooms with balcony and having all basic facility but no frills. Running hot water available round the clock. The elevator was useful for us as we accompanied with senior citizens.
Now the negatives:
1. Front desk personnels were reluctant in nature. Instead of welcoming the guests, they initially tried to ignore the online booking we have done. If they have any issue with travel sites, they should rather fix it with them, not showing displeasure to the guests.
2. Nice looking dining hall at ground floor is actually useless to the boarders. During our 3 night stay, we never allowed to use this for dinner, which was served in the rooms against order placed through the attendants. This obviously cuts the comfort as well as limits the food option, though vegetarian food quality & pricing was reasonable.
3. The complimentary breakfast was very much limited without any option but only one main dish & tea. Out of our various stay throughout the country, this is one of the worst breakfast service we got. This part should be seriously looked to attract potential tourists.
4. Attendants were not self propelled but responsive. Daily toiletries or towel replacement done only on request. This type of stingy attitude only devalued own goodwill.
Considering location & infrastructure, it seems that this hotel can serve much better if properly & professionally managed with guest friendly attitude.
They are fraud and cheat
on Sep 15, 2017
Where do I start? It was the worst experience of my life. Hotel takes booking in advance on their website, but if they get walk ins who are willing to pay more, they refuse to honour the advance prepaid booking.
To make matter worse, they even refused to acknowledge that they accept online reservation. They pretended like they don't know what is online. I booked room for my elderly parent and it was painful experience for them being stranded in an unknown city with no place to stay. On top of that they even refused to refund prepaid booking money.
I have initiated legal procedure against this hotel.
Very unprofessional and cheat hotel
on Sep 13, 2017
They are part of OYO with name of Oyo Rooms The Waves - Oyo 3058. I made pre-paid booking, even called them in advance. However upon arrival was misguided by them. First they pretended I am at wrong place. Later they accepted they are same hotel, but said they are 100% book with offline booking and cannot handle online booking. Upon being asked why they took booking at first place, their answer was it is not their fault. They lied that they talked to me on phone.
When Oyo called, they start pretending they don't know English or Hindi. Ultimately after wasting 8 hours on street finally Oyo provided me an alternate sub standard hotel. I didn't had any choice as I pre-paid and there was no option of getting refund.
prefer Staying in a lodge rather then this hotel
on Aug 7, 2017
i had to extend my stay for some reason because of which i had opt this property. Although this property is associated with a reputed chain but the experience i had was terrible:
1. Cold and half cooked meal being served.
2. The crew would just break in the room without knocking or ringing the bell.
3. A crew would come to your room around 8 in the evening and ask you for your order and the time suitable to you for having meal. the entire team would be reluctant in having the order over intercom.
4. you would be lucky if they answer you on intercom but would surely receive calls on your last day since early morning from the receptionist reminding you the time to check out. They will do anything to throw you out of the room.
Place to stay
on Mar 26, 2017
This is a very good hotel to stay. We had a pleasant stay overhere. And everyone enjoyed. The place overhere is very well located it has good environment and nice hygiene. The ambience overhere is also very cool.