Very poor hotel with noice and noice
on Feb 5, 2017
I was there from 23 january to 27 january this year. Double bed room rent was Rs.1320/- for non ac room . Which is quite high comparing with others. Sea view is not so good from our non ac rooms, it's only side view. Rooms are not sound insulated, you can be distributed by notice coming from everywhere. there is a special sound of AC fan also. very irritating. Bed size is 5 X 6.5 feet, so 3 person in a bed is impossible. room services are below quality. you have to ask every thing minimum twice, even you have to call them personally. Better to avoid this hotel. Very poor experience.
Nice Place for an Expensive Stay
on Jan 2, 2017
Hotel Tara Palace, New Marine Drive has a Marvelous Location, sea beach is at a stone throw distance. We stayed in the Super Deluxe AC 5 bedded and Super Deluxe AC Double Bedded rooms from 29/12/16 to 01/01/17.
1. Location is Good,
2. House Keeping Service is Prompt and Staff are Courteous.
3. Cleanliness is OK.
4. Restaurant food is tasty.
5. Travel Desk and "Panda" for Puja is available.
1. Rooms are too costly in comparison to facilities.
2. Restaurant's room service is a bit slow.
3. Hotel has no vehicle of its own (we faced the situation) thus for going to mandir early in the morning is a problem
4. Negotiate the Charges with "Panda" beforehand as well as with the auto driver before boarding else you may be overcharged / exploited.
5. No proper place to dry cloths.
6. Bathrooms need ventilation.
7. Drinking water of hotel is salty though they claim that it is from the RO water purifier.
8. Elevator service is only upto 2nd floor thus if you take rooms in the third floor you will have to climb steps.
9. This hotel has No website (as communicated to me by the front desk).
10. There are No Activities for Children in the Lawn not even a swing/see-saw.
good budget hotel.
on Oct 10, 2016
we stayed here for 4 nights. overall experience is good. though rooms were moist due to bad weather .but still very much stay able. front offc is good. house keeping team is always ready to serve. we didnt try the food.
on Aug 30, 2016
Hi,,,, i am Uttam, i am enjoy only for hotel in puri. it is situated at sea facing. i looked only for sea seen. its so beautiful. i can't say that hotel is so good, but not bad. i live in 4 days in hotel. Room service is so bad, restaurant service is average. i like only staff behaviour, all staffs are matey.
Value for money, nice view of the sea
on Jun 19, 2016
If you are looking for a slightly plush accommodation in Puri, Hotel Tara Palace is not the place for you but for its affordable room rates, it offers complete value for money. The rooms are small but quite clean, as are the bathrooms. The facilities are pretty basic but again, sufficient for the low tariff they charge. The hotel is located a bit far from the Swargadwar area and therefore, the beach in front of it is much less crowded. The hotel provides a side view of the sea but since their is no high rise construction next to the hotel, the view is as good as a front facing one. The staff lacks professional training, which they make up for with their friendly and helpful behaviour, which can sometime border on the creepy. The food of the hotel's restaurant is also quite good and homely.