Value for money
on Jul 21, 2017
I am suggesting this this hotel for those who are planning to spend their entire day in South Goa. There is a good restaurant in same building and the foods are not that much costly. Staffs are very cooperative.
Good value range hotel in Goa, recommended with caution
on Feb 9, 2017
Do not go by the pictures of the hotel, it is a refurbished old hotel. Staff are friendly and rooms are reasonably tidy. I would not recommend for Families as most of the guest during our stay where young lads and where quite loud. Restaurant faculty is run by third party, hence a little expensive and disconnected to hotel service.
BEWARE OF SERVICE HEAD NAMED FERNANDEZ WHO WILL OFFER SERVICES LIKE RENT BIKE, CAR ETC....THESE SERVICES HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE HOTEL AND HE WILL MAKE YOU PAY FULL PRICE OF THE BIKE AT THE END OF RENT CLAIMING GUEST RUINED IT, HOTEL WILL NOT STEP IN AS IT IS NOT THEIR RESPONSIBILITY.
Value for money.. Average Stay
on Dec 19, 2016
Visited on 18 Dec as a family and had booked the room via MMT with a nice discount... The hotel room was nice with AC, TV and other basic amenities.. Some of the switches were broken and the toilet was not up to the mark.. But depending on the money I paid (around 800 INR) it was worth the money.. The hotel do not provide any complimentary breakfast and have in-built restaurent named Bawarchi which was good
on Jun 7, 2016
good service all staff are helpful specially restaurant team was very grate and outstanding.Hotel location is prefect .Room size and design was cool.I had a grate stay over there ,If you are are travelling madgaon ,Chose this hotel for your stay
Bad experience with Surya Palace
on Mar 27, 2016
1) Rooms were not upto the mark & not as per the pics shown online!
2) No room service served before 730am! or even at 7am! Not even a cup of a tea!
3) No proper cleaning done while we were away & specifically told them to clean the room due to sand all around.
4) Bike picked on rent thru the hotel for 3 days. For the first day at 7pm on wayds, yet paid full day charges of 300/- & returned back on the 2nd day night at 9pm by handing over bike keys & helmet & instructed Ahmed to inform the bike guy to come & take his bike as we wont use it on the 3rd day. He didnt inform the bike guy till 3rd morning till 10am..so the bike guy didnt pay us the refund of 300/- for not using his bike on the 3rd day! We had also filled more petrol in the bike, still nobody helped us get the refund & also tell the bike guy that we also used the bike on the 1st day only after 7pm still paid him full day charge!
5) Their inhouse Bawarchi hotel guy charged us 780/- for 2 breezers & 1 starters of Paneer chilly!
6) Their inhouse Bawarchi hotel also don't serve you tea before 9am! We walked out for 1 km to have our morning tea & then head to visit Shanta Durga temple in Karwar!
7) AC makes noise that you can't sleep peacefully!
8) We will never go to the same hotel again ever!