Not so special
on Nov 14, 2017
I called the hotel to book a room. The receptionist bragged a lot about the place but upon reaching there almost everything was opposite. Cramped rooms. Small bathrooms. Not so clean bathrooms. The staff behaviour was not that good.
Just about average.
on May 19, 2015
This hotel has a good location in the city, located in Adyar, a well established locality of the city. But thats it.I chanced to stay in this place for a couple of days as we had some renovation work at our house nearby. Stayed at the double ac room. Room was okay if not a bit shabby with respect to the decor, had a decent bed and bathroom was just okay. Everything was just about the standard.This place seems to be frequented by a lot of groups of men( i presume they are in the city for some business). The place has a permit room and a small hotel 'Adityan's rice bowl' attached to it. you can find alcohol bottles outside rooms in corridors and corridors can at times, find lingering smell of cigarettes. So this may not be suitable place for all families with kids. Their restaurant: Adityan's rice bowl is pretty compact. I ordered veg fried rice and it cost 95rs. The food quality was not anything great to write home about. It was just okay. I would suggest you eat outside as there are umpteen hotels and eateries in various price ranges nearby. Their room service was a bit on the slower side, if not very slow. If budget is a key for your stay,then this place may seem good and may do whatever it promises. But then thats about it. Nothing great.
Great location: Every thing else about this place ranges from average to terrible
on Nov 21, 2013
I have stayed here 3 times in the last two years. This is situated at a very convenient location (opposite to old Adayar bus depot) and commuting to anywhere won't be a problem at any time. However, there is a lot to be done if they are really interested in attracting people. Things I noted,
1) As I said, Great location and good accessibility to most parts of Chennai. Near to Tidel park, IIT etc.
2) I think the price is ok.. Last week I went, Rs. 1300 for ac double room.
2) Bar attached hotel below.
3) 24Hr Cheking out. I don't think many hotels provide that.
4) Some rooms are in pretty good condition. Bedding and linen were also reasonably good and clean.
Well the list is huge, but here are the main ones
1) The quality of rooms vary on a great scale. So, do check the room before making a decision. Especially check the general cleanliness, condition of Ac, heater and bath room.
2) Also check how the beds are arranged in a double bed room. In the one I stayed once, there are two separate beds and they cant be joined (there is a immobile wooden structure in the middle): enough to spoil your honeymoon.
3) My advice is never take a room on the ground floor. They are all very dirty.
4) They do not have single Ac rooms.
5) The bar restaurant is situated somewhat inside the hotel and you have to walk right beside it facing the people there and you might find this very uncomfortable and disturbing.
6) The staff is not that friendly. The room boys may barge into your room just after knocking. So do not expect any great service.
So for whom will this suit for? If you are looking for a cheap and relatively good lodging, and smart enough to handle the above issues, then this is not a very bad place to stay in for a few days.
Filthy unkempt archaic
on Aug 23, 2013
One look at the reception area and my heart sank. There is no lift. The first room I was shown on the first floor had dirty sheets-a poky little excuse of a hotel room. The second room was not much better if at all. Since the stairs had taken a toll on my knees my husband was shown a place on the next floor which he said smelled of booze.
Finally we were given a place on the ground floor facing the back of their restaurant.
The sheets seemed clean. T
There seemed no provision for hot water.
The cupboard had cockroaches and in the morning the sheets had streaks of blood where mosquitoes or some other more foul beast had feasted on us.
But the hot cashew nuts and pepper mutton fry they served were excellent.
Cheap and best
on Jul 11, 2012
The room they gave us was comfortable enough for 2-3 days stay.It's cheaper than many other hotels also. The service is provided only on request. You may have shout 1 or 2 times on the hotel boy to get your work done.