on Feb 25, 2019
Location wise this hotel is very good as the bus stand and restaurants are lined up downstairs .Hotel boys can speak English and that is enough to get your work done.The charge is nominal and very good for all
on Oct 28, 2018
The hotel is undergoing renovation right now. So you will have to walk through debris to reach your room where filthy sheets and towels will be waiting for you. Empty bottles coupled with cigarette butts lying in the corridor adds to the ambiance.
Not so special
on Nov 14, 2017
I called the hotel to book a room. The receptionist bragged a lot about the place but upon reaching there almost everything was opposite. Cramped rooms. Small bathrooms. Not so clean bathrooms. The staff behaviour was not that good.
Just about average.
on May 19, 2015
This hotel has a good location in the city, located in Adyar, a well established locality of the city. But thats it.I chanced to stay in this place for a couple of days as we had some renovation work at our house nearby. Stayed at the double ac room. Room was okay if not a bit shabby with respect to the decor, had a decent bed and bathroom was just okay. Everything was just about the standard.This place seems to be frequented by a lot of groups of men( i presume they are in the city for some business). The place has a permit room and a small hotel 'Adityan's rice bowl' attached to it. you can find alcohol bottles outside rooms in corridors and corridors can at times, find lingering smell of cigarettes. So this may not be suitable place for all families with kids. Their restaurant: Adityan's rice bowl is pretty compact. I ordered veg fried rice and it cost 95rs. The food quality was not anything great to write home about. It was just okay. I would suggest you eat outside as there are umpteen hotels and eateries in various price ranges nearby. Their room service was a bit on the slower side, if not very slow. If budget is a key for your stay,then this place may seem good and may do whatever it promises. But then thats about it. Nothing great.
Great location: Every thing else about this place ranges from average to terrible
on Nov 21, 2013
I have stayed here 3 times in the last two years. This is situated at a very convenient location (opposite to old Adayar bus depot) and commuting to anywhere won't be a problem at any time. However, there is a lot to be done if they are really interested in attracting people. Things I noted,
1) As I said, Great location and good accessibility to most parts of Chennai. Near to Tidel park, IIT etc.
2) I think the price is ok.. Last week I went, Rs. 1300 for ac double room.
2) Bar attached hotel below.
3) 24Hr Cheking out. I don't think many hotels provide that.
4) Some rooms are in pretty good condition. Bedding and linen were also reasonably good and clean.
Well the list is huge, but here are the main ones
1) The quality of rooms vary on a great scale. So, do check the room before making a decision. Especially check the general cleanliness, condition of Ac, heater and bath room.
2) Also check how the beds are arranged in a double bed room. In the one I stayed once, there are two separate beds and they cant be joined (there is a immobile wooden structure in the middle): enough to spoil your honeymoon.
3) My advice is never take a room on the ground floor. They are all very dirty.
4) They do not have single Ac rooms.
5) The bar restaurant is situated somewhat inside the hotel and you have to walk right beside it facing the people there and you might find this very uncomfortable and disturbing.
6) The staff is not that friendly. The room boys may barge into your room just after knocking. So do not expect any great service.
So for whom will this suit for? If you are looking for a cheap and relatively good lodging, and smart enough to handle the above issues, then this is not a very bad place to stay in for a few days.