Nice budget hotel for a no-frills stay in South Goa.
on Dec 12, 2016
Its a nice budget hotel at Varca, South Goa. When we arrived we found the staff at the reception was very polite and they helped us to a quick check-in. The room was a little cramped but it was tidy, with a proper washroom and a small balcony. We went out after freshening up but it was a good 1km to the beach. Its better to have your own vehicle or hire a 2 wheeler when booking this place since other options of transport are scarce. When we returned to the hotel at night it wore a very gloomy and desolate look which was a little depressing, but didn't matter much as we were dead tired and sleepy. The hotel has a functional kitchen and the menu looked great too but didn't find anyone having dinner at the hotel, probably because nightlife in Goa has to be by the beach. Don't look forward to any action once you are back at the hotel, but nice enough for a good night's sleep to rejuvenate you for the next day's 'party'.
₹1400/night > smiling and warm staff > Feels like home
on Nov 14, 2016
1. Conference at Ramada Caracalla was 1.3 km walk through scenic beauty
2. Very friendly residents. Strike a conversation with anyone and they'll make you feel like you've known them for generations.
3. A restaurant nearby hotel offers good Indian/ Chinese food
4. A local bar for local folk is a just a road cross away
5. Buy your cheap drinks from a local liquor store in 5 minutes walking distance.
1. Ranjeet is the helper boy who serves every request with a large smile.
2. The open restaurant has a smoker table that anyone can use like you own it.
3. Get your drinks from anywhere, drink inside the open restaurant and you'll feel like you've come to your farmhouse.
4. Food available till 1am if the chef isn't too tired.
5. No smoking sign is generally put up but if there is no one else in the restaurant and you feel like taking a drag, no one objects and it's that free.
6. WiFi also available on asking reception
7. Rooms are just about okay. Hot water in the tap and a warm bed is all that you need. You get that.
8. The hotel pet dog shadow is full of life and always wants to play.
If you're on a tight budget or even if I am not, I'd still stay here for how relaxed I felt at the end of my stay
Amazing people, really really good food prepared by mahesh there chef from Nepal.
Small , quite and nice hotel
on Nov 14, 2016
It is the closest hotel to Ramada and in walking distance. Though a bike is the perfect piece of machine that you need to move about from this hotel There is nothing close by but it is serene. No beach view as it is about 2 Kms from the sea. Nevertheless staff was amazing and they serve some of the best tea.
Goa Family Trip
on Nov 7, 2016
Village side hotel,having a silent beach near by 2 km, Simple & neat rooms,Rooms are more spacious.Swimming pool is added attractive feature.Average Food.Suitable for economic class.Location is average.
on Jun 12, 2016
We were looking for a property in Varca for our business trip and chanced upon this property. The online booking was swift and we did not have to pay for it in advance. We didn't avail of the airport pickup and that was a mistake. There was a taxi strike and we were stranded. However the hotel sent its vehicle and has picked up at Madgaon.
The property is smallish but has it all. A small cosy pool, a pool table and a garden. We were lucky to be the only visitors and so had the entire property to ourselves. The staff is very efficient and cordial and all our requests were promptly met.
The kitchen is superclean. We actually had the luxury of picking up fresh fish and getting it prepared as per our wish.
The breakfast menu can be a tad underwhelming. Anthony is the goto man for everything, Mahesh is the cook And Ranjit is the chauffeur.
For families the apartment rooms are an attractive proposition.
All in all a 5 star stay.