on Aug 20, 2018
It's not good it's average and cheap stay hotel with average food quality ....staff is good but building needs renovation.........rooms are really old .....and if any one is looking for wedding it's not appropriate because its surrounded by residential buildings so I don't think mouse is permitted after 12 or may be 11
Interesting quaint place, good budget hotel
on Jan 4, 2017
We stayed here for three nights. Apart from a slow initial check in and being given a room we didn't like, we settled into a nice room with some unique decorated pieces of tapestry on the ceiling and walls. The room itself was spacious for the three of us without and extra bed, and very clean. The bathroom and toilet were quite spacious as well, although in need of a new set of fixtures and fittings. Otherwise, the wifi worked well for multiple devices. There was no kettle in the room. Laundry is very cheap. We had breakfast and dinner and the food was freshly cooked and tasted great, and at very reasonable prices. It is all vegetarian. The whole place looks spectacular and with a bit of update, could easily turn into a four star experience. The staff are all very helpful and friendly. The hotel is conveniently located for visited the local sights and the Hatheesing Jain temple, and the Camp Hanuman mandir are very close. I would stay here again.
on Aug 28, 2016
The hotel has a vintage look. The exterior of the hotel is very good. Though I didn't find the interior of the hotel that attractive. I loved the hospitality of the hotel. The staff was very co-operative. In all the hotel is best if you are in Ahmedabad for a short stay.
Old Hotel needs modernization
on Dec 26, 2015
1. Good service with no issues with the staff.
2. Nearby to most of the prominent tourist spots.
3. Hot water is available early in the morning and it was made available on request basis.
4. Food served here was good.
1. The rooms old styled and needs upgradation of the facilities.
2. We were given Executive room which had bed bug and we had to shift the room.
3. Beds and bathrooms are not so clean.
4. Bathroom has commode and no faucet. Hot water collection in bucket is also difficult. Taps are tight to operate. Flush switch doesn't work but has to open the main valave to flush it.
5. Fans and even tubelights make noise.
6. Door locks are pretty old with only one bolt.
on Nov 13, 2015
I stayed here in Nov 2015. The exterior is an attraction; however the interior leaves much to be desired for. The place is in total neglect, a thorough clean up/airing of rooms is needed, with washrooms requiring complete renovation as drainage is poor, flush doesn't work etc.
I would not recommend this place.