on Oct 31, 2017
It is an average hotel, nothing fancy. But the rooms are big and clean. The location is superb very near to the baga beach. The swimming pool is clean too.
The breakfast served was good(tips- try aloo paratha once. And ask for ginger tea, incase you're a type of person who drinks tea even in Goa 😉)
on Mar 8, 2017
You can't get better location than this hotel , there are two gate of hotel , one gate is near beach and other at the main market (Tito's Lane) , Hotel is average but not bad , I have stayed 2 time's with good experience....
on Dec 7, 2016
This place is pretty cool.Beautiful though.
Good staffs, good atmosphere,clean room, best place for relaxation and leisure, to get off you're daily chores.
Food is amazing !
Had an amazing time with family:)
on Jun 15, 2016
REVIEW Sea View Cottages
Our annual jaunt to Goa is always an adventure for the three of us and we never stay in the same place twice, firstly because we love an adventure, and second because when we do find a good one the travel agents don't use it the following year, we book a trip through an agent as we can only go for two weeks, we would lose valuable holiday time if we booked independent and flew to Mumbai then on the Goa even though this is the cheapest rout to take.
Just a brief history so that you understand our booking process we are a couple plus one so book two rooms and split the supplement between us. In the past they have tried to put us all in one room which is unacceptable.
Our first impressions of Sea View Cottages was as usual with all Goan hotels very dated, and considering the cost per night for a very basic room we found it to be expensive by Goan standards (we have had better for less).
After the second day in the basic room we ask if we could change to a larger room. The hotel Manager Herman was very helpful and said that this was possible what he didn't explain properly was it was going to cost us another hundred pounds each so another £300 we paid it to get the space and included in the price was a TV & a fridge, which to be honest, a fridge we could do without as it just makes the room hot so we unplug it and the TV we are not really bothered about. So we moved into the the bigger rooms and in doing so we're on different floors 1 on the ground and one on the first.
After being there a couple of days and finding the lay of the land, and procedures for room cleaning etc, it appeared that there isn't really enough staff to carry out all services basic to any hotel e.g. room cleaning, bed & towel change, bar service and of course access to the lockers that all Goan hotels have and call safety deposit (for which you take your own padlock).
I think I will list my complaints as it will be easier on my fingers
1. Mattress is rock hard when we ask for extra mattress they brought up 4 pieces of 2 inch foam that was smaller than the original mattress and made no difference to me but Terry stuck with his.
2.You have to ask for room cleaning, towel and sheet change
3. You have to be there while they do it
4. There is never anyone at reception unless they are expecting arrivals and even then there might not be
5. You have to wait for someone to go get the keys for the safety deposit box room and you can only access between 9am & 6pm
6. You have to wait at the bar in the day as the bar boy also serves breakfast and lunch so is never there
7. Some staff seem to be constantly on their mobiles either trying to locate another member of staff or calling the manager.
8. There is no order or method to their daily routine if you can call it that if new guests arrive then the cleaning goes on hold while they move furniture around from room to room (the Indians sleep 6 to a room and Russians 3 or 4).
9. Cleaning doesn't amount to much the balcony floor and bathroom floor gets washed with the same half a dirty towel, no mop. The bedroom floor gets swept sometimes and your bin is a whole other story. They have a strange process whereby you empty your own bin into a large flowerpot that is outside each door and they are supposed to empty them every day. This doesn't happen! We have to ask to get it emptied
10. Laundry service if you can call it that, while not expensive and value for money the process to actually get something washed is a mission.
Because there is no cleaning process it has a knock on effect on all other services so to get laundry done you have to go to reception, no one at reception! Go find some one, once a staff member is found, the question is ask Laundry? You are then told oh laundry man pick up at 9! And by this time it's ten past nine!!!??
All in all we haven't let it spoil our holiday but would recommend that you don't bother
pathetic staff and management
on Mar 24, 2016
this place is located like right on baga beach goa. location is excellent and its well connected to baga lane but wat sucks is management and staff. staff keeps shouting all day long apparently for no reason and owners/management are superb rude specially if you are indians. management is not only rude, loud but also greed. it literally spoils the Goa experience. i am not writing this to spoil their image or anything i just want them to be more polite with customers, stop being so greedy, tell their managers to shut up and not shout all day long and also def serve better quality of food.