Nice view from the property
on Jan 31, 2019
I visited last week with my friends for a short trip. But it was a awesome stay all the facilities are up to date . We request for born fire and they arrange it with a very short time. We are planning for a long vacation with a huge group.
Amazing Views, Great Location, Hotel is standard 3Star
on Jan 25, 2019
I stayed at this place for 10 nights, and would say it is a mix..
- The view, the view, the view. THAT is why you stay here. The lake-facing rooms have a strunning view, of the footbridge, gorgeous Pichola Lake, extending up towards Jagdish Temple and towards City Palace
- located on the quieter part of town, it is IDEAL to get away from the busy Chandpole area, and is wonderfully quiet compared to the other side of the footbridge. A quick 4 minute walk will see you on the other side of the lake in the midst of the life and bustle of Udaipur, but then you get to leave the noise and come back to your quiet, little laneway. Ideal.
- The breakfast/dinner restaurant on the roof is beautiful on the terrace, adorned with ivy on top, and is a delightful way to wake up in the morning listening to the Hindu bell chanting in the temples on the opposite side of the lake
- The receptionists are warm, quirky and provided an individualised experience for me. They were friendly and accommodating
- The breakfasts are tasty, with a mix of Indian (try the poori bhaji!) and Western (baked beans, toast with preserves, banana pancakes - so very good!). I loved those pancakes. The coffee and chai tea are not the best. Save yourself and go to Jheel or Grasswoods for your coffee fix, or get a local chai at the roadside stalls nearby.
- Note, the rooms get cold - so ask for more more more blankets during your stay if you stay in Winter. There isn't heating, as you usually don't need it, as the days get up to 20-24 degrees in Winter, but at night it can get cold.
- The bathrooms need renovating, they are kept clean but they do need works. As in most places I experienced in India, the showers are not separate from the toilet and rest of the bathroom, so it can fill with water. Ask for extra towels to sop it up, if it bothers you.
- Sometimes my room wasn't cleaned, and I had to ask. When I did, they were cleaned almost straight away but I'd prefer not to have to ask
- After cleaning, at times they forgot to put back towels, or the complimentary water. Again, ask and it is delivered straight away. The towels are thin, and not plush 5star hotel ones (I didn't expect them to be) but you may want to ask for extra.
- Yes there is noise from the scraping of chairs on the restaurant, but this didn't really bother me, as it was just quickly in the morning and night.
- Most cars and taxis can NOT make their way into this area. Drivers/cars need a special permit to get in, this means if you're getting a car or taxi from the airport it's likely they will stop outside of the area, and ask you continue on foot. If this is the case, make sure you have contacted the hotel to arrange for a tuk tuk, or jump into a nearby tuk tuk to get there (should only cost maximum 100 rupees, if that, from the Chandpole side, or 40 rupees if you're already on the right side of the lake).
- There isn't a lift but you don't need to worry about going up and down the stairs with your luggage as the hotel staff do this for you. It's only 3-4 levels total, so easy to walk up and down the wide, stairs.
I've heard people in their reviews mentioning noise during the night, I experienced this, but it's NOT the hotel staff, it's other guests.
The reception is manned 24-7 (I think) as there was always someone there to help me when I came home later, or needed an early morning taxi called.
Udaipur is like a second home to me, and I love it there, this hotel is what I'd call a standard Indian 3 star (average, comfortable, but not above and beyond). At home in Australia this may be a high end 2 star place.
Romantic and Serene
on Jan 24, 2019
We stayed three nights in the Deluxe Lake Facing Room (101) and were enthralled with the beauty of the view of the lake, historical architecture and Palace! The hotel staff were welcoming and helpful. The laundry service was convenient and fair-priced. The restaurant was excellent for dinner! It was fun to view the hotel from the boat ride and see that it was private (view out but not in). A wonderful experience!
great location, but .......
on Jan 23, 2019
This hotel is located right on Lake Pichola, but that is about the only good thing you can say about it. The rooms are not well kept, bathrooms are not worthy of anything near this price range. We were delayed, but called in to inform them we were definitely coming (prepaid for 3 days), but when we checked in my sofa was strewn with towels ad bedsheets. The boy who took our luggage up noticed this, but didn't bother to inform the front desk. After 30 minutes, still no one came from housekeeping. When I called the desk to complain abut this, they finally reluctantly sent someone up. I had to ask for extra blankets 3 times before they delivered.
We checked out a day early and just wrote off our 3rd prepaid day.
Zero Rating for a Terrible Hotel.
on Jan 8, 2019
First approach road is a narrow gully into which only autorikshaws and narrow-bodied cars can come in with great difficulty.
A group of 8 wanted to come by a Tempo Traveller. We had to halt 2 km away and shift bulky luggage and ourselves to a number of autos provided by the hotel.
The reception staff are unfriendly.
The roof top restaurant serves food till over 11 pm and our rooms on 3rd floor had to face constant table/chair moving noises. Had to complain to unfriendly staff.
The hotel doesn't have lift and so is a burden for guests.