Rishikesh via Jaipur
on Nov 7, 2019
As we going Porbandar to Rishikesh we not get direct train change once’s we decide Jaipur and stay here it’s lovely home stay as per our request we get room in ground floor neat and clean with perfect hot and cold water with old but clean towel Morning tea rate is little high charge but ok karnal saheb and Nalini mam is really very helpful arrange taxi full day for sightseeing 8-50 per kilometer with ac with perfect men also next day arrange for full day auto first 4 hour Rs 550 and then after every hour Rs 50-00 auto driver is pilot guide all famous eating drinking place known all shopping area 🌹
Did not meet expectations
on Mar 13, 2019
We stayed two nights at this Home Stay. We found it very run down and in need of updating. The room was very dark and the bathroom was very basic and in need of an update - the toilet seat was not secured; the sink was so old it could notbe said to be clean and the shower was slow and not very hot. The beds were just a board with thin mattress which made them very uncomfortable. The bedding was rather matted blankets which had seen better times. All in all a rather dismal place.
on Jan 19, 2019
This hotel has wonderful reviews, and I fell for it. Surely those who liked it said so. Perceptions differ. Run by a courteous family, they were considerate to keep our dinner when WE called to say we'll reach late, by 10. They close by 9. No gatekeeper too. I had to open the gate my self. Luckily it was unbolted. A huge old property but totally run down. The beds, linen, quilts, blankets, towels, floor rugs, sofas, were filthy, unusable. Leaky toilets with broken taps. No hot water in the wash basin.No wifi. It was a challenge to spend the chilly January winter Jaipur night. Good surroundings, lawn, garden. But of what use if I cannot sleep reasonably.
Refused credit card. Pretext, machine broken!!!
Lovely, quiet retreat in an intense city
on Apr 10, 2018
We would definitely stay here again. The hotel is a little decrepit, but really fun, with lovely garden and little tables on the 2nd level to sit in the evening, The owners were very helpful giving touring advice and telling us about the history of India. The restaurant was very inexpensive. The location in Jaipur was not a distinctive neighborhood, but the Colonel arranged a very nice tuk tuk driver to take us to the sights, who stayed with us all day and helped us get a private driver to Agra.
Noisy and unsafe
on Feb 21, 2018
We stayed at the sharhar Palace for 2 nights in Feb 2018. It clearly was a fairly grand building once. However unfortunately it has been neglected and I would not recommend staying here.
The hotel could be a fabulous place, however there were several issues with our stay.
Location is OK for exploring jaipur
The hotel staff were helpful our first night when we wanted to arrange going to the bazaar.
There is a nice garden area to sit in
1. The electrical wiring is really old and unsafe. The light panel had a crack in it and was taped together. The lights flickered when you switched on/off a plug and my partner got an electric shock from one of the plugs.
2. The noise from the train at night and the cockerel in the morning meant i didn't get a good night's sleep.
3. The owner insisted on burning wood as soon as the sun started going down. This lead to the whole place filling up with smoke which permeated into our room. The grounds filled with smoke so sitting outside was unpleasant.
4. The bed sheets were dirty and did not fit the mattress. So we ended up waking up lying directly on the mattress.
5. The sink was not properly attached to the wall.
6. The A.C. unit in the room did not work.
Overall it was not an enjoyable stay and I would avoid in future.