Good hotel great location reasonable price
on Dec 21, 2017
USP of this hotel is its location. Park Street, vardhan market are at walking distance. Victoria memorial is nearby. In south Kolkata its prices are very reasonable. Rooms are good. Breakfast WiFi are included. Nice place to stay in Kolkota
Kolkata Sold-out - Hotel Niharika
on Dec 3, 2017
As one would be able to make out from the title of my review, I happened to select Hotel Niharika (from 1st to 3rd of Dec) as all the Star Properties of Kolkata was completely sold out..
Having desperately searched various properties of repute / brand, I settled for Hotel Niharika - again based on Ratings of Booking .com (4.2 out of 5)...
Let me admit, I booked the hotel with a little bit of anxiety, as I wasn't sure what would be the outcome and experience...
My two-bits are ;
- The hotel has great location
- The tariff rates are quite reasonable
- Most of the staff (especially Geetashree , Subhendu Chatterjee, Bhola etc) are very cordial and warm, however many other though polite, need training for 'service with warmth and smile'
- The cleanliness is satisfactory
The management is doing a good job, and can focus on the following for further augmenting their brand and repeat customers;
- Bed Linen & Bathroom towels though clean (repeat they were clean) can be made to look cleaner.
- The Room Refrigerator can be stocked with better quality eats rather than Bhujia and sev / chanachur
- The customers (especially occupying rooms with the banquet services) can be sensitised on accommodating the comfort and peace of neighbouring customers (this is only in the event of rooms being let to banquet guests)
- The restaurant service can be improved with the quality of food and service.
All in all - I would rate my stay satisfactory and incase of emergency would love to fall back on this hotel..
Thumbs up from Roys
Looks like a nice place but has basic hygiene issues
on Nov 10, 2017
The hotel looks good when you first walk in, but once you start setting in room you find dust. Linen both bath and bed were dirty. The shower curtain smelled of mould. Not recommended if you are looking for a clean place. The restraunt breakfast was ok and wifi connectivity was good, but all this comes secondary to basic cleanliness and maintenance of rooms.
Really pleasant stay
on Oct 8, 2017
for some official purpose I visit Kolkata and booked this hotel. Really awesome service, from reception entry to food, room service. Staff is very polite, wifi service also good. Food quality and quantity is really nice. I stay at room no 3016, No view from this room, but service is up to the mark. whenever I visit kolkata again, I'll definitely stay here.
on Sep 21, 2017
Was travelling to Kolkata as a transit to another place. Arrived late night. The staff were very accommodating and courteous. Rooms were clean. I liked the sufficient bathroom amenities. Breakfast was good. The spread was limited but not bad. Restaurant ambiance could have been better. Overall I would give full marks on service. Location is also good.