Worst hotel ever I visited in India
on Nov 19, 2018
It is a racist hotel. The hotel has its own management rule which does not allow guest from Bangladesh and Pakistan. How funny!! This is the first time in India I faced the issue. If Indian govt. Can allow me to have Visa, why the hotel can not allow to stay? Even I am from UAE having residence visa and my wife from India, still I can not stay in the hotel. Regrettably it was my worst experience in my life... besides the hotel is having filthy and unhygienic env..how can such a hotel have rating 2 Star..it should not have any star rating..
Pathetic Dirty Worst Hotel
on Jun 23, 2018
We were made to wait for nearly 4hrs as the management kept on saying that ro rooms are available. But that was a lie cz we saw vacant rooms. They had no provission for early check in. Thr rooms are small and very dirty. The hotel is infact a dirty filthy pot hole. Bathroom is very dirty and small with no window or exhaust fan. Even the water from the bathroom comes into the living room. The most important thing is if u come to this hotel plz do bring a pckt of rat kill. You can literally see rats running across in the room. And also do bring a rope to tie the toilet seat rim, as it cant b lifted and if lifted it falls on your back while sitting, which makes terrible feeling.
A good stay but can be so much better if management decides to
on Mar 20, 2018
Hotel Gardenia is a tough hotel to review as there are some very strong points and some extremely weak points. We spent 10 days/nights in the hotel so got pretty familiar with all of their strengths and weaknesses. Here I shall try to jot down each and every point in the most elaborate manner possible:
1) Excellent location: The hotel is located very close to the Netaji Bhavan metro station and is next to a bus stop. Buses to almost all major parts of Kolkata ply through this route so travelling to anywhere is extremely easy.
2) Staff: Very cordial and attentive. They helped us with travel information whenever we asked. Towels, room cleaning, extra blankets were provided without any fuss. In general, they did not leave any room for complaints.
3) Locality: The hotel is located near a host of restaurants, shops and eateries. For a long stay, this proved to be invaluable as we were able to get snacks, medicine, meals and other useful stuff within walking distance.
1) Rooms have poor ventilation: The hotel came into existence by converting a 100-year-old residential building. Although restorations have been done, the hotel lacks proper architecture resulting in many windowless rooms. During the course of our stay, we inhabited two different rooms both of which had only a small opening serving as the sole window. This results in poor air quality and at times claustrophobic sensations.
The lack of ventilation also means no inlet for natural light. At times it was hard to confirm whether it was daytime or nighttime outside without looking at the time.
2) Some rooms feel old: This is perhaps the by-product of converting an old building into a hotel. The rooms can feel quite old, gloomy and dusty at times.
3) The Geyser gave up: The geyser stopped working after about 4 or 5 days.While the technician tried to mend it, it was informed that there was a short-circuit and the bathroom walls had become electrified. Thus we were moved to another room.
3) We were moved to a smaller room: The movement itself was not a problem but we were moved to a much smaller room. There was very limited leg space and the some of the amenities were not present. We were not happy but were informed that there were no other rooms that could compare to the room we were earlier booked in.
All in all, Hotel Gardenia was a mixed bag. You take it or you leave it, you cannot ignore the strong points.
“A journey to the centre of hell”
on Dec 17, 2017
Well to start with I must admit with everyone else that I haven’t seen such a dirty mess in my entire travelling career. It was a mistake that I booked the hotel simply based on the price. Should have gone through the reviews well. But I thank my stars that I had to stay for only one night as it was only a day’s work for me in Kolkata. The bedsheets were dirty, stinky and horrible. Nothing was clean and the ceiling and huge cobwebs. I mean who can be so dirty like this? The owner must be very dirty and unhygienic by nature which reflects in his hotel. The only positive is it’s location and perhaps thats what befools most of its boarders. My tip: simply avoid it!
A stay better be forgotten
on Jan 22, 2017
Only positive side is the location n afew courtesious staffs whom you will visit during check in, breakfast or fir any requirements.
1) linens are torn n dirty. We were lucky that we were carrying one.
2) all most everything in the room is dirty- the couch ( where you cant just sit), tables , mat and anything you name.
3) Breakfast options are too minimal.
4) Our washroom had got an pipeline of waste water attached! Probably a joke!
Donot book this hotel until you really have to stay in this location.