“A journey to the centre of hell”
on Dec 17, 2017
Well to start with I must admit with everyone else that I haven’t seen such a dirty mess in my entire travelling career. It was a mistake that I booked the hotel simply based on the price. Should have gone through the reviews well. But I thank my stars that I had to stay for only one night as it was only a day’s work for me in Kolkata. The bedsheets were dirty, stinky and horrible. Nothing was clean and the ceiling and huge cobwebs. I mean who can be so dirty like this? The owner must be very dirty and unhygienic by nature which reflects in his hotel. The only positive is it’s location and perhaps thats what befools most of its boarders. My tip: simply avoid it!
A stay better be forgotten
on Jan 22, 2017
Only positive side is the location n afew courtesious staffs whom you will visit during check in, breakfast or fir any requirements.
1) linens are torn n dirty. We were lucky that we were carrying one.
2) all most everything in the room is dirty- the couch ( where you cant just sit), tables , mat and anything you name.
3) Breakfast options are too minimal.
4) Our washroom had got an pipeline of waste water attached! Probably a joke!
Donot book this hotel until you really have to stay in this location.
mmm all negative reviews are true but there are some strong points
on Nov 22, 2016
I booked this hotel through Make My Trip for 5 days(((
it was a mistake but i needed exactly this location(
So i'm really experienced traveller and it's difficult to surprise me but they did it!
1) I've never seen such indifference on the reception desk
2) most of the problems of this hotel could be solved just with an ordinary wet cloth -everything is extremely dirty and dusty
3) I had a room with a window, but it was very noisy
4) fan and a/c were very noisy, but without them it is impossible to sleep
5) bed linen and towels are so dirty that it seems they are washed in coffee
6) the pics provided by the management on this site doesn't correspond to the reality
7) is it really difficult to provide a bottle of water per each room?
but let's be frank - there are some positive moments)
1) location! location is perfect, not far from 2 metro stations, if you just cross the road and take a little street on the right side - you'll find amazing world of the unique bengali architecture
2) good price for food + nice south indian restaurant just in few minutes walk
3) laundry (reasonable price but not very quickly)
4) they have w-fi
5) nice soap in the bathroom
so in general everything can be improved just with good management and cleaning
but what is ok for a guesthouse (for example here I can stay using my own towels and bed sheet) is unacceptable for a hotel where you pay 1700-2000 (without breakfast) per night (if you think that it's too cheap and my expectations are too high for such price - just compare the hotels in this price range in Rajasthan/ Kerala/ Goa
One night stay at hotel..terrible
on Jun 28, 2016
The bed ...pillow....and blankets were not clean.....smell inside the room was not good....no fragnance spray has sprayed. However the location of the hotel was good . The cleaniness was not done...even the room was booked as deluxe but it was very small.
Horrible - you are simply cheated!!
on Apr 5, 2016
Had stayed for two nights in this hotel, booked primarily because of the location, and the photos on Travelguru. Management alloted a very disgusting room to me- a low ceiling room without any windows, smelling toilet and damp walls. The dirty toilet was found to have the paper wrap stating that the "seat has been disinfected for your protection"! Better not to write anything about fixtures, and the guys at the reception (they will simply decline to hear your complaints or your request for a cab). Just packed up and vacated the place at the soonest.