on Apr 28, 2017
We been offered with this hotel by a petson during our stage in other low cost hostel. With the simmilar price they have been able to offer us better service (clean good three bed room) with shower and a nice view from the roof. It is not the best hotel but it is a good choice for any one who is tired a need qiute place.
Please do not book this hotel
on Apr 13, 2017
I am a frequent traveler and prefer to book stays online. It has always been good experience until I booked Dreamland. I booked this hotel for three days (5th april to 8th april 2017) through clear trip. We reached Shimla in the evening and it was raining with hailstorm. Our driver was from Chandigarh and was not much familiar with roads of Shimla. As we were finding it very difficult to locate the hotel, i called the hotel. The staff didn't respond well. I called them several times, requested them to send pick up halfway and was ready to pay whatever amount they charge. But they refused and didn't cooperate . Even they were not able to explain the address properly to the driver. We stayed in another hotel. I not only incurred financial loss but also lost trust on online booking.
The location of the hotel is inaccessible, the road to the hotel is very narrow and it on a steep, most of the drivers refuse to go there and the hotel don't provide pick up when you need it, so better not to book the hotel.
on Mar 2, 2017
We took this option because of location and parking. so we booked 4 super deluxe rooms for 3 nights as they seems big enough in pictures...
it is veri difficulty to find out the hotel location.
this hotel in a poss area of shimla mall.
parking is very dificult
Poor Experience for South Indian Travellers
on Jan 31, 2017
List of problems i faced:
1. No Tamil channels on TV
2. Very old Door and with big gaps to make you buy very old cheap type room warmer which rents 300 per night. Better you take , hair dryer. that would be better their warmer.
3. Phone was not working. Every time we used to go down from 2nd floor.
4. Room servants don't know proper English. So, it was so difficult who doesn't know Hindi.
5. To reach hotel, i walked 2 KM from railway station as no cab facility to hotel .
6. Restaurant in the rooftop is so worst like a godown. They pictures shown here are all fake. Even the hotel server itself said, better got to outside restaurant.
Average experience..good location, bad parking, small rooms and lazy service
on Jan 23, 2017
We took this option because of location and parking. so we booked 4 super deluxe rooms for 3 nights as they seems big enough in pictures. Here are our experience for the same
Reach to hotel
- Reaching hotel is a tedious task as it located above the ridge. Park you vehicle in Lift parking, take Mall road Lift, reach the ridge and take jakhoo temple road to reach the hotel.
- But once you reach there, you will love the view (I mean only view) and easy access to ridge, lakkar bazar and mall road.
- Yes, hotel does have its own parking but I would suggest not to use it due to below points
- You have to drive all the Shimla around and reach hotel from back side.
- Road is very dangerous for a city driver and so much narrow that only a single car can travel at a time. My car slide twice backward on inclined road as the hand-break does not worked on so much inclined road, thank god that no one behind my car otherwise it could be our nightmare.
- Instead recommend to park in Lift parking only and reach hotel by walk or hire a taxi.
- Don’t depend on the picture shown on their site. The room we booked was super deluxe room (as the site shows that super deluxe room as bigger than normal room) but instead we got very small rooms. And when we object the same, reply was that these are super deluxe and you can check the list of room posted on reception. So, better to opt luxury rooms as they have sofa cum bed and much space for extra bed.
- Don’t think you will get any kind of service in hotel. You have to keep calling them for water, soap etc.
- We spent 3 days in the hotel but no one came to clean the room in 3 days. We had to call him personally to clean the room, and still the guy showed up in 3 hrs.
- Hot water supply is limited not 24 hours.
- Dinner was delicious but it took more than 2 hours for kitchen to cook for us.
- One day we ordered the lunch and after half an hour guy came and said “sorry sir, we don’t have anything left to make lunch”. Seriously, hotel without any amenities to cook lunch?. After that we didn’t rely on them for lunch and found alternative in mall road. Late on same day I figured out that they provided lunch to our neighbor room when the visitors had high argue with staff and we were thinking why didn’t we argue the same for lunch .
- Beware of Monkey. Yes, the whole Shimla is full of monkeys, so keep that in mind. Do not leave the room unlocked and keep kids away. Always check if any monkey sitting in front of your door before opening the door.
- Order atleast an hour before for lunch or dinner.
- Lakkar bazar, ridge, church, jakhoo temple and mall road, all are nearby.