Mix feeling for this hotel. Decide on your own.
on Nov 23, 2018
I have a mixed feeling while writing about this hotel in Udaipur. First the good part.
1) We booked this hotel during the Diwali season in 2018 and we book directly by communicating at the hotel. We booked 4 rooms initially but then due to medical reasons, other travelers with us decided not to travel and we had to cancel the booking. The owner was supportive and he did whatever we requested. Just to keep his interest in mind, we decide to upgrade our normal room to suit as we felt for them and hence did our best to support the hotel.
2) Owner gave us the room in the new property. The property was new and quite good too, Looked better than the old property and old hotel rooms.
Now some not so good part:
1) Hotel is very far from the city area. Even far from Fateh sagar lake. There was no auto rickshaw. If you have a car, the place is good to stay. Peaceful place. If you want to stay just to relax, this is a good place.
2) We were charged 8000 for a suit, and believe me, it was not at all a suit. It was rather a family room. There was no facility like a suit other than a sperate doorless closet! No refrigerator, no tea/coffee cattle, no water bottles!! The locker was packed and we had to ask them to open it and give us to use.
3) Though we did not take lunch or dinner, we ordered soup one night. They served soups in Daal Katori! I have never seen the full bowl of soup (no half ordered) in daal katori.
4) There was no dental kit. When requested, gave us one dental kit (in a suit room!)
5) I doubt what kind of room service was there. Same bedsheet and pillow cover all 3 days we have used.
6) No window view in suit room!! There was a compound wall when we opened the curtain.
This was worthless after paying 8000 Rs. If you get same room in 2500-3000, you can stay.
on Feb 28, 2017
We came to this hotel wondering where we would be. Would it live up to our expectations. It exceeded them. The room in the courtyard was lovely, the staff were most helpful, the food was good. What more is there to say?
I would mention if you are used to the Indian village life a visit there with a guide. The temple there was fantastic. We also did a tour. I attach a photo of a couple just married in a very old temple, with a drone photoing them. Surely this must be ancient and modern
on Aug 19, 2015
This is a hotel located near Sajjangarh or I must say perfectly behind the awesome monsoon palace of Udaipur. The place is amazing. Its a normal hotel so do not expect fancy things but it's quiet nice n clean hotel with wide open rooms and washrooms.
The biggest attraction of this Hotel is the view from Balcony. When u open in the morning in monsoons or winters this is the place u were imagining to go on ur vacations. Amazing and outstanding view of lush green farms and mountains and of course not to forget the perfect view of Sajjangarh. Try once just for the serenity of this place. Attaching the photos of view from our rooms where we stayed.
Great Hospitality! Superb Staff.
on Aug 2, 2015
I have no words to explain the great hospitality they provides there guest.Warm welcome,luggage assistance,awesome welcome drink at time of c/in,as well as very quick c/in process.As a hotelier i assumed the service and housekeeping takes 100/100.Me and my friend Pinty Bhai planed to visit udaipur with our family and we decided to stay in this beauty full hotel this property in mid of the mountain valleys so the view from the rooms windows is awesome and lush green garden with view of sujjangarh fort known as monsoon palace with full covered from clouds gives awesome feeling.
on May 11, 2015
The short stay of 3 days at Devi Palace was a very wonderful experience. The rooms are really nice and clean. Also, the rooms are large and comfortable with an excellent view of sajjangarh fort. Food was awesome! The hotel staff was very courteous and friendly.
Overall had a wonderful stay!