The most terrible place to stay
on Dec 15, 2017
No hotwater in shower. The front office person rudely said " im telling you now only that no hot water in shower " when i heard some one complain of geyser not working. pathetic food outsourced from other restaurants.
Thise who found this excellent may necer have stayed in a reasonably decent hotel!
Dirty torn towels. Cheap toilet paper.
Highly priced for this -1 * hotel.
If you expect any decent clean place to sleep thus is NOT one
Only advantage is the Location!!!
on Nov 12, 2017
This is a typical budget business hotel in the heart of the city, whose only advantage is the location.
1. The Location is right at the busy park circus area and you get everything nearby
2. Wi-Fi internet worked absolutely fine which was a plus for business traveller like me.
3. Bed was comfortable.
4. Reception staff was accommodating and helpful.
1. Rooms are old and dated and need of immidiate refurbishment.
2. In Room A5 the AC was really noisy, upon complaining they shifted me to A4 which was decent and appreciated.
3. Breakfast is absolutely not of the quality you like for. Most unprofessional restaurant staff I have ever seen. in the need of a serious training of customer service.
4. staff was busy watching TV in the adjoining restaurant area, bread toaster was not working properly and staff had no answer for the same,
5. Staff was talking on loud noise and had no attention to detail.
the management needs to seriously think of getting associated with budget chains like Treebo, FAB or OYO. If nothing, this will get the staff a proper training they need to in hospitality industry.
Mr. Das, GM of the hotel is quiet friendly and concerned about the hotel but he needs o take some serious steps to improve the condition of the hotel.
Noisy air conditioner ruined my stay
on Nov 7, 2017
Horrible cheap window ac that made loud fan noise was a torture in the night. Had to switch off the ac to just get some sleep in the humid, damp room. The staff fained total ignorance when complained about this in morning while checking out- as if I somehow made the AC noisy. I am sure the previous occupant had complained and the next one will suffer as there won't be any repairing on that AC. Hope the review warns the future occupants!! Only plus is the location-
Checked our foreign cousins in
on Oct 21, 2017
Afsheen my sister in law was getting married. And she had a lot of last minute guests. We checked her husband's brother Mark into this hotel. Good room. Clean bathrooms. Centrally located. Had air conditioning and wifi. The windows could be opened though. The main advantage of this place was that it was within walking distance of our house. The English guest of course complained about the traffic noise at night....but then that's how it is in Kolkata.
Location and service is superb !
on Oct 6, 2017
Had a pleasant stay here! Whenever I plan to visit Kolkata I would love to book this hotel. This was my second stay here.
- Close proximity to Kolkata landmarks like Victoria Memorial, Maidan, Park Hotel and US Embassy.
- Food is delicious. Had Aloo Parantha, Idli, Vada, fruits and many more things as complimentary breakfast
- Service is above and beyond. Prompt response is always appreciated.
Need to have better interiors and newer linens
Adequate supply of emergency cosmetics like moisturizer is needed.
I really enjoyed my stay here and would love to visit again.