Do not stay here
on Jan 20, 2020
This hotel is horrible. Don't ever stay in this place. The rooms are unclean. Bedsheets were dirty and had hairs on them. The bathrooms are soo dirty that you will probably prefer to hold bodily functions until you leave this hotel. The hotel staff is rude and unprofessional. The room service is painfully slow - in bringing the food that is horrible in taste and overpriced.
I booked this hotel through Make my Trip and my stay in this hotel was soo bad that I have decided to never again book a hotel through MMT. I am so annoyed with MMT, that they would even list such a horrible hotel for booking.
A night stay at Hotel Chanakya Inn
on Nov 29, 2019
I have stayed at Hotel chanakya Inn on 25th October. Hotel staffs are well mannered. Food was Very good , Room & Washroom are clean with Gyser facility .Stand on a Proximity of within 500M from Delhi Aerocity Metro station. Paid Taxi service is also available for Early Flight boarding.
Bad attitude, worse service.
on Nov 11, 2019
I was in delhi for an extensive workshop that would start from 9am till 10pm. So my requirements were extremely basic.
Well made clean bed, clean toilet, hot water and well functioning ac. I wasnt looking for exceptional service, tasty food, ambience...
So despite reading all the bad reviews and the copy paste replies that includes a standard line which says that these are not their usual standard, we went ahead and booked 2 rooms for ourselves.
1) In terms of accessibility, the location is good but in terms of standards, it is quite shady.
2) The sheets were dirty and looked liked they were not being changed. So got the housekeeping to change it. Anil from housekeeping was the only staff with a smile. The rest were hired from an anger therapy centre.
3) the air conditioning control is with the reception staff which they switch off at their whim and fancy. So when you wake up sweating and fuming, you need to call reception.
4) The staff will hand over a bottle of water to each room and you will surely think that it is complimentary but at the time of checkout, you will be charged 33rs for the same. It is not about the money, it is the intention.
5) the biggest bullies are the ones at the reception. The female staff included.
6) our flight was delayed from 3pm to 8pm so we asked for an extension of 3 hrs. The night staff clearly said that we could for an additional charge of Rs500. The staff that came in the morning asked us to check out. When we told them about extending the stay, they increased the price by another 500. When we tried reasoning out, we were told very blatantly that their staff are not liars which was a direct implication that we were the ones lying.
It just left a very bitter taste in our mouths which they later realised would backfire... so at the time of checkout, they wanted to give us back the money for the extension and told us to write a good review, which We refused.
It would be unfair and unethical to accept the money and still write about our horrible experience though our real time at the hotel was only to sleep and freshen up.
My advice would be for you to land and then look for hotels as the entire street which is about a 6kms stretch has a lot of options.
Decent & value for money
on Oct 26, 2019
Walking distance from aerocity metro close to the airport and public transport. Decent price and hotel. Value for money. Staff is happy to help. I had no problem staying here. Not visible from the main road but board is visible so locating hotel is not an issue. Parking is a problem but hotel staff will arrange it on request.
on Sep 4, 2019
No idea why the hotel has such a high review n wherre they took the pics from. The room has nothing to do with the pictures. Dirty sheets, no comment abt the bathroom, terrible dirty location, it was suffering stay for less than one day