Value for money
on Mar 21, 2018
Hotel is at walkable distance from RK Ashram metro station. The hotel is in a quiet lane but to get there through the busy streets of Paharganj is a challenge if you are taking a cab. We stayed here for 3 nights in two so called Super Deluxe rooms. Rooms were neat and clean. Each room had a 6×6 bed with very little space to move around. There was a wardrobe, a long table with a chair, a refrigerator, wall mounted LED tv and split AC. There was no table for keeping the luggage so I had to keep my luggage on the floor. Flask and glasses were kept but no drinking water was provided. No provisions for making tea/coffee. Washrooms were good and hot water was available even at midnight and early morning in bath as well as washbasin. A soap and 2 shampoo sachets were provided in washroom. Staffs were friendly. Free breakfast which was included in my booking had to be chosen between Aloo paratha and Bread toast with potato. Tea was also given. Aloo paratha was served with curd and pickle. It was served in room and was tasty. Overall it was value for money compared to the high cost of living in New Delhi.
Not that great
on Mar 18, 2018
We stayed here for 4 nights. We hardly stayed in the hotel. Most of the time we were outside except the nights. We didnt dine anytime in the hotel so cant comment anything on food. We had tea and they were good. Sitaram chole bature is near by and it tastes good. Gol gappe shops near by makes tasty golgappas. Other than that paharganj area mainly seemed like a residential place for foreigners. There are more cafes than indian restaurants. We didnt have any issue in staying here. Their service were prompt. You have to call to reception 10 mins before your bath time to get hot water. That was absolutely fine with us. We took the room that was not having road view, as the road view room didnt have balcony but had Windows that could open outside. It was not kids friendly. The other room was small. The room had a 6×6 bed with little space to move around. Baths were good. Rooms were neat and clean.
Good mid-range hotel
on Feb 19, 2018
Clean and comfortable though a bit worn in some respects. Helpful and friendly receptionist on duty during the day. Request and queries also attended to at night. There were sufficient pillows which is unusual in India if you need more than one. Unfortunately the hot water appliance in the bathroom was very noisy.
Sleazy and dirty
on Feb 11, 2018
If I could rate it less than 1 I would. Here are some highlights:
- Airport pick up never turned up despite pre booking and confirming;
- Room had no windows or ventilation. The bathroom drain was filled with some kind of month repellant balls / urinal cakes which were so strong that you smelt the chemicals at all times in the room;
- Internet didn’t work in room. I asked about it and was told I was wrong. Whatever that means.
- While using the internet in the lobby, two men on the desk were laughing and whispering and then asked if I wanted a full body massage.
- There were people banging hammers and moving furniture all night. I mean all night.
- Room was dirty and the switches and remote controls were strangely greasy;
- There were lots of people coming and going, including strangers knocking on and going into the room next to us at all hours. Not sure who visits someone they don’t know in a hotel room...
We left after one night despite having booked for two. As two females we felt unsafe and generally uncomfortable.
Very nice hotel. Friendly staff. Has luggage storage.
on Feb 2, 2018
This hotel is very nice and is close to the market. Rooms are very clean and staffs are very friendly. They allowed me to check in early and helped me get transport for early morning travel. Since roads are narrow in this region, calling Ola or Uber cabs were challenging. However, it's a very nice hotel.