Mesmerizing view, awesome stay, awesome food
on Dec 24, 2016
Although I am very late in putting my comments as I visited in 2015, but never late in praising the awesome service we got.The hotel is situated out of the city so no noise and no traffic. We book the room honeymoon suite room no. 309 (i guess) which got a amazing view and the room is awesome. The food is so good that we ate the dinner in the hotel although it was costly . i realy thank the hotel staff to give us a great experience.
Cozy place to stay with beautiful Garden, delicious food and close to Mall Road.
on Oct 22, 2016
May is definitely great season to travel to Shimla if you are looking for Summer vacay. The temperature in day is high till 25 degree and at night low till 12 degree. One of the pretty and easily accessible property which is approx 2 kms distance from the famous "Mall Road" with beautiful lawn and valley view.
They have small restaurant (for those who stay at hotel) and garden restaurant as well. Many options in meal and the food they cook is delicious. Just like home food :) They even allow to store your left food to have in your next meal (such a humble hospitality).
Definitely recommended to stay here and would love to come back to witness snow in December with lights decor during Christmas time :)
Nice budget place
on Sep 22, 2016
Nice place in a budget. Nice friendly staff. Specially the restaurant staff Mr. Hari Singh is very very polite and helpful. The food is excellent.
The location is also nice and the rooms are big and roomy. Though there is good scope for more hygiene and cleaner toilets. The sofas and chairs should have seat covers that are also changed regularly.
Overall a good place having good scope for improvement in hygiene.
Superb view of the valley with beautiful lawn
on Jul 10, 2016
We stayed there in July 2016. It was the only option left since the other hotel took the booking even after the verbal confirmation. The hotel is located quite near to the mall with ample parking area. We took deluxe suit and it was quite spacious however the interior were quite basic and old. You can literally hear someone walking. The TV had local cable connection with very few options, not good specially when you have kids. Food (Veg) was good but non-veg was average. Hospitality was OK. I would still recommend this if someone is looking for a quite atmosphere with amazing view.
Very average stay - not recommended
on Jun 28, 2016
We stayed here during June 2016; we had to book this hotel since all other hotels in Shimla were full or were already pretty expensive; we booked just a day before check-in and it was a big mistake to stay at the hotel.
The reviews that we read on Tripadvisor were highly misleading. Here is why:
1. There is no one to help you with parking; it seems the hotel is under-staffed
2. The guys at the reception are very cold - they are just not interested and are just doing a job - they are not at all suited for the hospitality industry
3. You might feel the heat in the rooms during peaks of summer - the fans are placed not at the top of the bed but quite far from it
4. The hotel is old; so is the furniture and the rooms; the bed linens and curtains were old as well. They can do a lot to spurce up the rooms and give a good feeling
5. The rooms were not properly cleaned; sorry to say, but they gave a shabby feeling
But some good things:
1. The view from the room was good
2. The Mall road was quite nearby
3. The food was really good and served in good quantity as compared to other places
Overall our stay was a disappointment.