on Sep 23, 2017
The hotel is well located and you might be tempted to stay here for that. But be cautious!
I checked in to room 104 and took staircase to reach there. The ceiling of the passage was so low that I thought it would fall any moment. The room was very small packed with two single beds with barely any space for me to walk. The bathroom was okay, however the toiletries were not good at all. The TV was not working had to call the person couple of times during my stay to get the TV working.
The centralized AC of the room was making noise and there as no way that I could switch it off. The room had one wall mounted fan! The AC was not cooling the room at all. When I complained about the AC making noise, there was nothing they could do about it. The person at reception showed at least 4 different rooms, but all of them has same issue! All the rooms (including mine) had one thing in common, there are no windows in the room! So if you are clautrophobic, I will request you to stay away.
I ordered dinner in the room. I had ordered Chicken Biryani and it was the worst ever biryani I have ever had in my life! It was so late that could not even go out for dinner. With that experience, I had no expectations from buffet breakfast. The breakfast is served in a very dingy looking so called cafe cum restaurant. It is underlit and hence not the kind of place where one can enjoy breakfast. The breakfast had 2-3 options and all of them were worst. The poha was stale and hard. The tea was also pathetic, that I left the breakfast.
Terrible experience. The place is not worth the money you pay for. Moreover the hotel employees do nothing about the concerns you raise.
Expensive for a budget hotel.
on Jul 27, 2017
The rooms were good.
The Centralised AC is not enough to cater to the Delhi heat specially the rooms which are toward the end.
Food and water is costly.
Room service available.
However other eateries are available nearby.
on Mar 10, 2017
Nice ish room. Bathroom ok for Delhi. It has toilet roll which is always a bonus. Bed nice with pillows and duvet. Good location for city centre and short walk to get the metro to the airport. Breakfast buffet ok. Not bad overall but not English standard with cleanliness at all. Maybe a bit overpriced for what it is. 15% additional tax which we were aware of but then they added a 10% "luxury tax" which when questioned they said it was company policy!
Do not stay here, really bad value for money
on Feb 12, 2017
Although Lonelyplanet advised to stay here, I still dont understand why. So many things went wrong that I don't know where to start, let's see:
- Reception: we checked in at night, and the reception staff were very rude, they seemed to not enjoy their job at all. When we wanted to pay, I clarified that I could only pay by credit card with signature, and the staff person simply replied "That's not possible", When I tried to explain that it had worked so far like that in all hotels in India, he interrupted me and would say again "No, not possible, if it isnt with PIN, then it's not possible". So, when I said that that was the only means of payment I had he proceeded to let us know then that we couldnt stay. Great! not even 3 minutes inside and we were being kicked out. Eventually we could pay with another card we had, but that was the worst reception ever...
- Room: We were not given the room we had booked so I called to point this out, reception admitted they didnt have the one we had booked available. So when I asked for refund since the room we had costed less, the man just said that it wasnt possible. what the hell?
- Wifi: after several requests to have the password, and reception simply telling us that in '30 minutes' they would give us one, we gave just up, and we ended up connecting to another wifi we found nearby. This hotel simply doesnt care about service...
- Room service: this hotel doesnt clean your room every day, so bring your own toilet paper and water bottles...
- Buffet breakfast_ worst value for money, the buffet only offers toast, coffee, fruit, and thats it.... so its better to have a good breakfast outside
In a nutshell, for the price they charge you would expect at least a basic service, but none of that happens.
Cheap, great location, clean
on Jan 24, 2017
Outer circle of Connaught place and close to Janpath this budget hotel is great for getting around Delhi. Close to Rajiv Chowk the metro is at your fingertips as are autorickshaws and taxis. Rooms are clean, very 1970s decor but comfortable. Breakfast was OK, totally adequate for the price we paid to stay there. Totally cool place for people who want clean, comfortable, cheap. The lovely young man on reception was very helpful. Location is king here, coupled with convenience. Perfect if coming from airport metro station or New Delhi railway station. Prepaid taxi from NDLS is 100rp, boom.