Short stay in Shoghi
on Oct 23, 2017
We stayed at this property for a 3 night stay. The location is good , a little away from the town on the hillside. The rooms are decent and spacious with large balcony and food quality is good. It has nothing extraordinary but is OK to stay for a short trip
on Jun 11, 2017
Very good property but the way they treat is pathetic, on day one , for a location far away from shimla the food is not good, on day one even after informing that we are going to take dinner they refused to serve non veg and claims you need to mention specifically that you need no. Veg in noon only if you need the same in dinner, next day morning they serve only Pori bhabi even refused to serve omlet, in dinner they offer palak and khiya, is anyone ready to eat palak and khiya on holidays,
Egoistic and Rude Caretaker Mrs.Awasthy drowns the charm of Veergarh
on Jun 7, 2017
1.One evening one scolopendra (kankhajoora) was crawling on the carpet. And on second night , one Scorpion was moving over my Sister in law, who was sleeping on an extra bed laid on the floor. The matter was reported to Mrs.Awasthy. The photograph of Scorpion is attached.
2. On day one itself Mrs.Awasthy three times mentioned that She is Brigadier’s wife ,which is unwarranted.
3. Mrs.Awasthy denied to provide Lunch.
4. First day tea powder,sugar and tea bags were provided. But next day Mrs.Awasthy told us that since Milk powder is not available in Shimla, therefore it will not be provided.
5. One table lamp was not working from the beginning and could not be rectified till we stayed.
6. Quality of green soap provided is very poor.
7. Coloured, old towels were provided.It may be changed to white colour towels.
8. Only one news paper used to be provided in two rooms and that also used to be taken by mentioning that Mrs.Awasthy wish to read it.
9. Provision of Wifi is mentioned but inspite of request , not provided.
10. Initially she advised that PAYTM is accepted but later on while checking out she demanded that half the bill amount should be paid in cash.
11.We have booked two rooms but the care taker was trying to allot rooms on different floors.
on Mar 12, 2017
After the underwhelming experience at De Exotica Crest, I was skeptical about the experience at this, much smaller, home-stay kind of resort. How wrong was I? This place is EXCELLENT!! The rooms are excellent, the washrooms are SPICK AND SPAN, the linen is clean and the food is equally amazing. And then there's the view - two rooms on every floor (there are 3-4 floors) and the rooms share a common, wide balcony which gives breathtaking view of the green mountains in front of the property. Also, as a bonus, one can see the Kalka Shimla train chugging along on a hill to the right side of the resort!! How much better can it get than this? Some of the rooms even have a separate dining room where we can enjoy eating the hot, tasty food served by them. Visit this place once, to know why its so good....Mrs. Awasthi is doing a great job of maintaining this property very well.
And hey, don't forget to visit Tara Devi temple which is around 3 km away from this resort. Its located on a hill top, and the view from that temple is just "PRICELESS"! On one side we see Shimla Airport runway, and on the other sides are Shimla Mall Road, Church and Jakhoo temple, and on the third side is Kufri!! Not sure how many tourists have heard/visited this temple - but its one of the top 5 things to do in Shimla, and if you visit them during lunch time (12pm to 1pm) you get served complimentary lunch (like Langar in Gurudwara - they call it Bhandara) and its delicious!
on Jun 29, 2016
Ambience of this Home stay- Excellent
Veg Food- home made v good
Non Veg Food- Average
Manager cum Caretaker Mr Deepak-Excellent responce.
Owner- MADAM SHOUTS TOO MUCH ON WAITER & SHOW ARROGANCE TO TRAVELLER -(((THIS IS THE ONLY DRAW BACK MADAM HAS.)))