The best hotel in Shimla
on Apr 28, 2017
One of the best hotels A very high quality of service , ambience .It was a lovely experience The staff is very helpful......
Food was really very delicious We did not get a chance to complaint .
We prefer our next trip here
Worst Hotel and Owner in My entire life till date. Please do not Spoil your trip by choosing this hotel.
on Jan 17, 2017
Let me tell you all something why not to choose this hotel ever even if you die on the road-----------------------------------
Situation I was in Shimla :- At night 8:00 PM, Snowing outside heavily. The cab driver took us to the VYAS Tour and Travels(he got some money I presume) which is owned by the same owner of Dhami Retreat HARISH VYAS. His prime moto is to take the customer money and give ZERO service.
Regarding the hotel I am attaching the photo of the Hotel and the Tours and travel Agency run by them so that no one ever book this hotel and does not go to that Tours and travels called VYAS TOUR AND TRAVELS which is just opposite to the Shimla Station.
What they promised at the time of taking the money:
1. They took Rs.12000 only from us for me and wife for three days and two nights.
2. They gave us assurance that the hotel is only 10 min away from Shimla city.
3. There will be a car standing for us all the time every time we want we can go any where.
4. Three full day trip.
5. Luxury resort.
What they actually did:
1. They took all the money in advance and gave no service.
2. The hotel is 1 hour away to be exact 21 kilometers from Shimla station.
3. There were no car at all. After a lot of argument they gave us a car on the second day which was also broken. They just simply lied to us that Shimla was not accessible by road due to snow, while every one else went to Shimla that day and came back also.
4. They gave us only 1 day trip in total and fraud ed the rest of the money.
5. The DHAMI RETREAT is the worst in shape.
No hot water even if in minus temp.
No backup power.
No permanent staff.
No management front desk.
No car for traveling.
More over the visiting staffs were also frustrated due the behavior of the owner. So every one do not spoil you trip by choosing the hotel. Plan some where in the city.
Well built but lacks in basic services
on Dec 27, 2015
We stayed there for one day.the building is nice and rooms are decent but Services like fixed hours for hot water,telephone not working,no soaps etc, tv has no dish connection have set back the good building.Although they provide hot water buckets on demand it takes little bit of time and is inconvenient. Staff needs to be more helpful.
Worst Hotel i have ever experienced
on Apr 15, 2015
If you want to spoil your trip, stay at Dhami retreat. They dont no how to behave with tourist. Staff as well as the owner are not worth talking.
1) They dont have generator facility, we stayed whole evening and night without lights. No one has courtsy tell the status of electricity and when we went and ask (after calling 1000times), they were talking very inappropriatly. They put two candles after we called atleast 10 times.
2) they dont have hot water facility. They have fix 2 hours in mornig 7-9 for hot water. We went with small kid of 1year and it was very cold in March. we suffered a lot for washing his potty. Every time we ask for hot water, they provide at least 1/2 hour after our call, by that time we already finish washing with chill water and making our son crying..what to do...
3) We had our return train from chandigarh at 10AM. we booked for the cab 7.30 in morining through them. The cab dint came on time. I started calling the staff, the owner and the manager. They responded that they will check, every one was sleeping. No body was bothered. At 8 - 8:15 I again started calling thme, no body responded. they swithoff the phone. I was so frustrated. Then at 8:30 they droped us near the car which first they refused because i did not pay their car hire charges. I told them i'll pay in chandigar, because what if i could not catch my train. After so much fight with them, they droped us. Its 1 1/2 hour drive from hotel to chandigarh. Because of this issue, we had no time so we could not file police complaint but to rush. We had taken so much of risk as the driver was driving so fast to catch the trail.
NEVER EVER BOOK DHAMI. THEY HAVE TRAVEL COMPANY ALSO. PLS DONT BOOK THROUGH THEM.