An oasis of calm
on Nov 17, 2019
Devra Homestay is a beautiful homestay situated amongst farmland near Udapuir. From arranged morning yoga on the veranda to the tasty home cooked meals in the evening our short stay left us feeling revitalsed after the bustle of Delhi.Our host was wonderful and made us feel very welcome.Would love to come back.
Good property and loving people but needs impeded service
on Nov 17, 2019
A lovely homestay run by Major Durgadas and wife Jyoti. The property is a little away from the city but a quaint place away from the hustle and bustle of the city of Udaipur. We stayed here last week for 3 days and it was a lovely visit
What we loved
- the views and the property: the view from our balcony on the first floor in the day and at night was spectacular- the field nearby as well as the beautiful Sajjangad floating in the air at night are sights just for our eyes. Our 2 rooms on the top also had a living area which was lovely for us to sit around, talk and read
- the pets: given we had our 2yr old with us she loved to see the dogs and the tortoises on the property everyday
- good place to relax and read a nice book- no TV's and very faint wifi leaves you with no option but to interact with people and relax by reading a book. But who is complaining
- lovely people - the major( interacted only on phone) and his wife are lovely warm people who make you feel welcome into their place
- Food- the food was very tasty and adapted to the no spice needs of our little one. We even packed some breakfast for our journey when she hadn't had much without complaints as well as were served afternoon tea at no extra expense. The food was just slightly oily / rich though
- laundry and washing facility- specially with children is a blessing
What could be better
- expensive for not being in the city- but the property and views sort of compensate that
- cleanliness of rooms- while the rooms are cleaned everyday, the wind brings in dust into the rooms. Also, on one day the doors were left open after all the cleaning (probably for drying after floor swabbing) which bought all the first back in when we arrived late evening.maybe small rubber slides below the doors to prevent dust from coming in
- room service - while we understand it's a homestay, the experience could be elevated and the service could be a better in terms of replenishment of tea and coffee sachets in the room or keeping them in a common space for us to pick up when needed ( including stirrer) as well as the soaps required after they clean the previous pieces of soap.
- had an issue with static electricity in the bathroom which will be rectified
Overall, we liked our stay with some slight service issues which when avoided could lead to a spectacular experience. Thanks for having us in your home
The perfect end to our travels of Rajasthan
on Nov 2, 2019
After spending two weeks travelling Rajasthan, our stay at Devra was just what we needed ! owners Major and Jyoti go above and beyond to make you feel relaxed and comfortable in the this amazing setting out fo the city.
We learned how to cook with Jyoti and spent the day reading in the grounds with the family pet’s including two friendly dachshunds and 4 tortoise!
Both Jyoti and Major had a genuine interest in getting to know you aswell as ensuring your visit was comfortable and enjoyable. After spending two weeks in fairly generic hotels the informal, family oriented feeling of devra was everything we needed ! Thank you for making us feel welcome and ending our trip to India In the most perfect way .
We would advise booking on the cooking class
With Jyoti during your stay!
Lee and Laura
The most relaxing vacation ever
on Jul 23, 2019
From the moment we drove into the gate, we knew there was something special about this place. We stayed for four days with our two dogs and everything about the place was beyond our expectations. Clean, spacious rooms, excellent service and simple yet mouthwatering food. Our dogs had a great time exploring the property and playing with jumpy, bumpy, Ryder and olive. It was simply the most relaxing vacation. Can’t wait to come back.
an excellent place to stay in Udaipur
on Jun 12, 2019
A husband and Wife run Devra. they are very welcoming with great advice on sights to see, local restaurants and so on. the food was lovely and based on their locally grown produce. it has a beautiful location with stunning views. a real place to relax but also to use as an excellent base to explore the area.