A beautiful poetry in motion!
on Jan 9, 2020
This was my 2nd visit to Destiny Farms (23 Dec '19) with my husband. The last time we visited was in Feb 2014 and oh boy, the place has grown so much! A fully functional restaurant/lobby, a new block of rooms, the snack bar and the luxury rooms further away. Well, the nature surrounding the place hasn't changed a bit. It's still breath-takingly, mesmerizingly beautiful and so are the maintained horse ranches, cow stables and other farm animals. This time I spent hours just looking at the turkeys, hens and ducks chasing each other or playing together. Such cuteness! I would have given a 5*, if not for the food. The food was a total disappointment. The spread was huge but the taste wasn't. 😒 Just a request, please make sure that someone from the restaurant stands next to the salad table because I saw few travellers touching the salads with their bare hands for "touch and feel" or for serving themselves. Surprising that people who can afford such an expensive place have no etiquettes or manners. But, am sure I will come again. Cheers!
on Jan 9, 2020
It was our 2nd visit to destiny. Very memorable cool trip. All the staff were cordial n well mannered. Services rendered was gud. Horse riding was too gud. My son enjoyed alot in that. Horse riding coacher was very humble. Restaurant manager Mr. Nitin took great care n provided fud with utmost care. His attitude was very gud. Reception incharge shastry n sowmya n Linda were polite.we had visited cintacor island in karwar n there also Mr. Nitin tuk great care in restaurant. On the whole memorable n cool trip. Thank you all.
Visit to Destiny
on Jan 9, 2020
A place to spend your time with no worries, no stress,no problems in the lap of Mother Nature.lush green lawns, manicured fields blooming flowers & pollution free atmosphere. Cosy rooms with fast room services make your stay very comfortable. The food variety satisfies your taste buds & above all the personal attention paid by F&B manager Mr. Nitin is commendable. Any suggestions made by us were immediately attended to. All our family members,from 5 years to 75years enjoyed the trip.
Paradise on earth
on Jan 8, 2020
It’s a very beautiful place far away from everything. A paradise on earth! The resort is located between two hills and a lake and the view is out of the world. Staff is also very courteous. Nitin, the restaurant manager and other staff made it a very comfortable stay. The 3hour trek is a must do!
I would like the resort to improve on food. Food was quite average and very expensive as compared to the variety and especially the taste.
Another area where I think the resort needs to improve is the road from parking to the hotel. It’s a very difficult journey( those 2kms). The resort makes a lot of fuss about ferrying up and down. We really had to argue about that but in the end they accommodated.
Overall a fantastic experience if you leave the food aside:)
Two days visit to Avalanchi/ Emrald lake
on Jan 1, 2020
Visited this place between 21st and 23rd Dec 2019.
Few things I liked :
1.) Location is absolutely terrific with great views of the valleys and lakes. I could just do nothing and sit watching the nature unfold from morning to evening. You can trek to nearby hills all by yourself and spend hours in middle of unending slopes overlooking the lake.
2) Horses and ducks and sheep and cattle : Horses are a mix of thoroughbred racing ones and normal ones. Very well trained and kept in clean stables. Made great friends with some of them, could spend hours feeding and patting them.
3) The employees who were taking care of the pets. Very well behaved and keen to ensure that the tourists have a good time. Specially one lady who took us to the sheep barn and let us feed them. She is from Nepal.
4) The rooms were well furnished and offered good views of the valley, We were on the first floor and that helped
Things which I felt could have been improved and the main reason for providing 2 stars :
1) Food and beverages dept: The restaurant section was pathetic and much below expectation, specially compared to the prices being charged. Firstly, for 700/- per plate in buffet, the spread was quite limited. Secondly, we found the food to be NOT fresh. For example, the cake on one occassion was stale. The paneer preparation also tasted very strange. The fruit juice was so diluted, you probably couldnt make out if it was water or juice. Thirdly, the operation manager ( the bald person with specs, dont know his name) probably needed a lesson or two on how to behave with guests, half of the time he just ignored when we called him for some help and for rest of time, just came, listened and didnt do anything. Strangely some of the waiters where just non-responsive to the requests. For example, One simple request for table salt had to be told to 3 different waiters with a wait time of 10 mins. One another occassion, on one of the salad dish, they just mentioned non-veg...how would one understand if that meant fish or chicken ? So if someone eats only fish but no chicken, would find it hard to decide what to do. When we asked the person around about it, he was clueless and had to check with somebody else. Just some examples how screwed up was the place.
2) Food was pricey, unfortunately, you dont have an option as they make you keep your car at a distance of 2 Kms away from the resort and take you in their truck from parking to the resort. This arrangement doesnt leave you with any option, but to put up with expensive food options in the restaurant. Still no issues, if the quality and service was good. With poor food quality and bad service, this almost seemed like cheating to me.
3) room service was not very prompt. Had to be reminded multiple times.
I hope the hotel management takes this review with objectivity. If they choose to respond, i hope it is not the same standard response but a response which is objective and makes sense