on Sep 13, 2016
Incredible views and peaceful stay, but a challenge to get there through the traffic. Well worth it in the end. Great meals and good service. The rooms were clean and the staff courteous. Enjoyed walking the streets around the lodge.
on Aug 31, 2016
Beautiful place perfect place to relax with family away from the maddening crowd and reckless traffic trust me traffic during peak dates is an ordeal here, this place had ample parking courteous staff and amazing food.
Great location, overpriced hotel, poor service
on Apr 9, 2016
I visited Cedar Hill Lodge for a family vacation in March 2016. The property is well-maintained, very beautiful location, and there is ample space for vehicle parking.
- Great views
- Good location
- Quiet, undisturbed
- Vehicle parking space is available
- Clean rooms and bathrooms
- Food is a major issue. They do not serve lunch is what Mr. Sood had told us, so we were prepared to arrange for lunch for ourself. The two caretakers there do not know how to cook. The 2 nights we stayed there, they had to ask us for recipes to cook basic food also for dinner. There are 3 restaurants outside the hotel, but only one good restaurant - Aamantran. Recommend eating there only - the staff at Cedar Hill will try to guide you otherwise, but the other two restaurants can match neither the quality nor the cleanliness or service levels of Aamantran.
- The staff is not attentive at all. The water was not replenished, rooms not cleaned, bathrooms not cleaned, till asked after 2 days of stay. Even basic things like tea would not be offered, would have to be asked, and even then would not come at the right time.
- The staff is not service oriented at all, and Mr. Sood the owner does not seem to be interested in training them or overseeing anything. They would take away plates before we finished eating, refuse to bring tea before 730 AM because "it is too early/ they do not have milk before 730" - why can a hotel not have milk stored the previous evening for tea the next morning, I do not understand.
- The staff did not know anything about the area around, all efforts to ask them for ideas to explore the area would lead to contradictory views. Mr. Sood was also limited help only.
All in all -
Every effort was made to communicate to us that this is a "basic" property. While the property itself is beautiful, "basic" cannot be an excuse for poor service and staff orientation. Offering tea in the morning to guests at the time of their choice, offering to replenish drinking water and clean bathrooms and rooms, not giving answers like "we are busy with our own work in the afternoons and therefore cannot be available" to guests, ensuring simple but tasty food and decent cooks - these are fundamentals of hospitality industry. A little more professionalism would go a long way in fully utilizing the potential of this property.
on Jan 9, 2016
The place scores 10 on 10 on the breathtaking panoramic views, it is a home stay, well maintained property, one can order food from the restaurant nearby, great place for planning a weekend getaway from the city life of Delhi! Overall a pleasant stay!!
Great view of Mountains
on Nov 2, 2015
I visited this place in Mid of Oct 15 with my family, The location is excellent, nice view of mountains and valley, very close to Kufri and far from Shimla. lot of open place, many rose plants. good restaurant nearby.