Good hotel at very nice location
on Jan 14, 2020
Government owned hotel just near the beach. Awesome location, you can see Arabian sea from your balcony. Location is USP but property needs major improvements. Huge parking space. As it is situated near the beach and market. Don't expect peace, too much market noise and DJ sound.
Reception and support staff is very helpful. Restaurant, rooms, pools and food quality needs more attention.
Lots of shop near the hotel for shopping, tattoo and food but highly crowded area.
Disappointment with Calangute Residency management
on Jan 12, 2020
It's a shame that Goa tourism and the manager at Calangute Residency in Goa did not think it necessary to inform me and the other guests that they had shut down their dining area for renovation and that food would not be served at the hotel. To make matters worse, they even refused to provide plates and spoons for any food brought in from outside. It was extremely disappointng as 'Sagar Hotel', which was probably given the contract for arranging the 'free' breakfast, refused to send spoons and plates to the room. All they offered were thermocol plates, despit repeated requests. With pathetic phone connectivity and old parents in tow, I was left with no option but to settle for what was thrust our way. So, my advice to those who have booked room/rooms at Calangute Residency or are looking to do so, please check with the hotel and review your hotel plan. There are better options nearby, i am told.
Lost its shine and value in last 12 months
on Jan 1, 2020
We have been staying at this property for last few years but everytime the value for money for this has been deteriorating. While it is a great location, right on the beach, which makes people choose this property thanks others, but this property has no functional restaurant, you need to go out even to have a cup of tea, breakfast service is outsourced to a third party vendor, which is of no use. Hotel staff is very friendly, but that does not help you in your stay, as you are staying at the property for comfort and which is why willing to pay a price on top.
With construction going around, there is so much noise and management has no control on construction. One tends to blame on another. This is my last visit to the property, for a price of Rs. 7,500 per night, one can get a 4 star property all season around.
Sorry state of affairs for this property and guests around. The worst has been that staff was blaming the management, and management has been putting the onus on the government and others; rather than caring for it's guest and visitors. What a beautiful property, location but has lost it's shine.
Excellent Location and View
on Dec 21, 2019
A very good and spacious place. Right in front of calangute beach.
1. Awesome view. You can enjoy sunrise and sunset from your rooms if you take beach facing rooms.
2. Next to the beach so you can sit as long on the beach as you want without worrying travelling at night.
3. Good staff (especially Mr Gaokar at the reception, he is a very helpful man. Arranged a room for early check in at 10:00 AM while check in time was 12:00. Also refunded our money because of change in gst rate)
4. Good pool for family and kids
5. Good spread in morning breakfast. Breakfast is arranged by a nearby restaurant because restaurant is not functional yet. You need to take coupon from reception every morning.
6. Ample parking space. You can take help for renting a car from reception as well. Rates are good.
1. No room service at all but you can bring food and drinks from outside without any issue.
2. Since it is close to main road and facing the beach so you get music in your rooms at night. Depends on you whether you take it a positive or negative.
3. Construction is on so near restaurant lots of debris and other things are there which gives bad look to the resort.
4. Beds are small (queen size bed so it is difficult to manage if you have two kids. They charge 25% extra for mattress)
Good but can be much better
on Nov 25, 2019
Right in the beach is the main advantage of this hotel. There are lot of restaurants for breakfast/lunch/dinner. Hence I opted only for the room.
Pros: On the beach
Front desk was helpful.
Housekeeping was good.
Kettle in the room
Well maintained swimming pool
Cons: They provide door mat only for the washroom and not at the main door. We had to ask for them.
Worst phone and data signals. We carried airtel numbers and none of them worked during our stay. We had to come out of the rooms to make a call and connect to internet. Not just our room. We were family of three and all faced the same problems with phone and data connectivity.
They provide WIFI but very very very limited and is exhausted within 30 mins of browsing. My Airtel dongle did not work in the rooms.
No entertainment activities for the residents in their premises. But there are lot of shacks around which play loud music.
We stayed in ground floor rooms and does not have a fan. The rooms only have AC.
Overall if you do not wish to rent an bike and prefer staying on the beach, then this is ideal. But if you are willing to rent a bike and do not mind staying little away from the beach then there are lot of budget hotels available.