Royal Thalayar suite
on Dec 29, 2019
Excellent location and pleasant weather. It’s a 100 year old bungalow and well maintained. The value proposition is low for the cost and services were not great as expected. The rooms did not have basic facilities like kettle/tea coffee maker. We were a family of 4 but towels were provided for 1 or 2. All food was cooked by staff though the quality of food was good the options were limited. No wheat bread or oats for breakfast which is standard in every resort. Less fruit serving and no snacks in evening. The manager makes unnecessary commitments with guests like barbecue/camp fire and fails to follow through. Though there may be genuine reasons that inventory not available the management needs to address the concerns.
We have been frequent travelers to many places and resorts therefore in relative comparison I would rate the experience as average due to the quality of services . I hope management takes the feedback seriously and takes corrective actions. Otherwise it is a great place to stay and relax with family.
on Nov 18, 2019
Beautifully restored 100 year old planters'bungalow in a stunning location. Staff are very helpful and if any individual can't understand you they will find someone who can. Good advice from others to do the guided walk and tea picking/factory visit.
Service did not match upto the beauty of the location
on Oct 17, 2019
1. The property is gorgeous, clean and well maintained. Its cozy and can be enjoyed especially if it is a large gathering.
2. No TV - such a relief to have the idiot box out of the way
3. Nice, spacious rooms with a colonial look.
1. The property is 20 Kms away from Munnar town which means since its a hilly area, it would take you more than an hour from the main market to reach the property. The same should be highlighted on the website for guests who do not know the landscape.
2. We were a family of 4 vegetarians. They did not have the basic fruits/ veggies to serves with reasons like the cook was unwell, vendor did not supply etc. While these could be genuine issues, the guest would expect better preparation since the booking was made over a month back.
3. Malfunctioning of showers in the bathroom resulting in none of us taking a shower in the morning.
4. No fruits in the morning - we have high fruit content in our diet and they did not have any fruits except guava & banana.
The staff was attentive and tried to take care but unfortunately the basics were ignored which left us dissatisfied with the place.
on Oct 5, 2019
Food was very normal taste . Good home cooked food though . Bungalow and surroundings are very beautiful , relaxing and great place to stay . Lovely location of bungalow . Good service. Good price for the stay , but little expensive when we see on the food perspective . Facilities in the bungalow is good , decent wifi and clean bathrooms and very very big rooms . Least 4 people can stay in a room and it’s very big. Overall had a good experience with family and had fun . Except the food part everything else was great
Had my dream come true.
on Jun 7, 2019
I had dreamt of staying in a Tea bunglow for last 26 years and it came true. This place is nostalgic and beautifully located. The rooms had great view and the staff were very courteous. The food also was as per our expectation. Mr. Mutthu the manager was very courteous too.
I have already recommended to all known to me and put up a post on FB.